• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Wii U has same fate as PS3 once CMOS battery dies and EShop is gone for Wii U

User Info: Ada-Wong-Fan

Ada-Wong-Fan
4 weeks ago#1
Wondering
SJW are Anti Entertainment Industry

User Info: Daymos256

Daymos256
3 weeks ago#2
The eshop is gone for ds and wii and I can still download my games. You know NES cartridges have watch batteries in them like game consoles do.. people might be waiting 30 years for their cmos batteries to die. But by-joe when they're 70 they can shake their canes at their ps3's in anger and die of a heart attack!

Xbox360 owners didn't have to worry about their batteries dying since their consoles only had a 3 year lifespan...

(and on that note.. I think the wii U gamepad wireless transmitter might be the first problem that kills all wii u's. You can still play some games on tv with a pro controller though I suppose.)
Now Playing: Atelier Ryza, Mega Man X, Horizon Chase Turbo
Last finished: Grandia, Mario64, Baldurs Gate
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Master_Magnus

Master_Magnus
3 weeks ago#3
IIRC the DRM the Wii U uses does not require an internet connection therefore if you bought a game you will be able to play it until you perform a system reset. On the other hand, if you reset your console and/or can't download it it's gone for good. This is also the reason why Wii U games can't be transferred to another console since Nintendo doesn't really keep track of which Wii U games you bought.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Wii U has same fate as PS3 once CMOS battery dies and EShop is gone for Wii U
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A