• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So I just picked up a Wii U for the first time - questions

User Info: bulgarian_kid

bulgarian_kid
4 weeks ago#1
It's the splatoon smash bros bundle 32gb edition.

The previous owner did not wipe their account and nnid. I would like to clear those, but want to know will that delete the splatoon and smash? (Those are the only two games on it)

Also, I still have my old wii hooked up. So I'm wondering as far as playing wii and gamecube games, is the wii u better or worse for that (i.e. should I retire my wii or not)? Tried to research the question and it seems the wii u doesn't upscale wii and gamecube games? Is that correct? In addition, supposedly it does not convert to digital via hdmi very well (worse image), but what about if I was using a (nintendo) component cable instead?
Anybody wants to front, they can get hit like a mother****ing blunt.

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#2
The Wii U doesn't play GameCube games, but it does upscale Wii games. I have my old GC still in operation because of this but use my Wii U for Wii games.
Now playing: Jet Force Gemini and Xenoblade Chronicles X

User Info: Ultima_D_Strike

Ultima_D_Strike
4 weeks ago#3
To keep the games you can delete the user but don't wipe the console.

To play Gamecube games you'll need to jailbreak the Wii U, it can't read the disks but can play them digitally.

No it doesn't upscale, both wii and GC; 480p is it.
Ik heb een grote piemel!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: bulgarian_kid

bulgarian_kid
3 weeks ago#4
Ultima_D_Strike posted...
To keep the games you can delete the user but don't wipe the console.

To play Gamecube games you'll need to jailbreak the Wii U, it can't read the disks but can play them digitally.

No it doesn't upscale, both wii and GC; 480p is it.

Thanks.

Anybody wants to front, they can get hit like a mother****ing blunt.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So I just picked up a Wii U for the first time - questions
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A