• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone know when the North American virtual console will be shut down?

User Info: TyrantofPuppies

TyrantofPuppies
1 month ago#1
There are still a lot of games I plan to get, but I’m putting it off for budgeting reasons. How long will the virtual console last on Wii U and 3ds for that matter.

thanks.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
1 month ago#2
When Nintendo makes the announcement they are closing it down. In other words, nobody here knows. We can only speculate. Therefore, it is in your best interest to buy asap when able.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#3
Arcade2 posted...
When Nintendo makes the announcement they are closing it down. In other words, nobody here knows. We can only speculate. Therefore, it is in your best interest to buy asap when able.

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
4 weeks ago#4
Not really many games worth buying.
Factor in you can still get them after the eShop closes.
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj | Switch FC: Ask
"Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy."

User Info: GreenLantern188

GreenLantern188
3 weeks ago#5
mcnichoj posted...
Not really many games worth buying.
Factor in you can still get them after the eShop closes.

How Sway?
Bench 1RM: 287lbs
No big deal
March 2022.
I created a discord channel for those who wish to talk about games, etc. https://discord.gg/SCQDt4gd

User Info: Quin1

Quin1
2 weeks ago#7
FinalFantasyForever posted...
March 2022.

I think that's a reasonable assumption.... that's 5 years from system discontinuation. We shall see.

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 weeks ago#8
Doesn’t WU and switch share the same store “engine”? I mean, ps3, psp and vita stores are still accesible, just not updated (even for offers).

i think as long as there’s network that Nintendo keeps up, there will be access to the stores.
mentions are disabled. pro 3d photorealistic HARDCORE EROTICA artist, a girl.
i do not applaud mental illnesses nor respect those who didnt respect themselves
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Quin1

Quin1
2 weeks ago#9
dr_zomberg posted...
Doesn’t WU and switch share the same store “engine”? I mean, ps3, psp and vita stores are still accesible, just not updated (even for offers).

i think as long as there’s network that Nintendo keeps up, there will be access to the stores.

3ds and Wiiu u allegedly do, I dont know if switch does entirely, saw a spawn wave video recently where it was mentioned nintendo were looking to move forward with newer online servers for multiplayer, dont know if that will be upgraded with patches or wait til next gen, switch must only have 3 years left in current form

User Info: Venom3D

Venom3D
2 weeks ago#10
When Nintendo announced the Wii and DSi shop shutdowns, they gave users six months to add points to their accounts and at least a year to make final purchases. I'm hoping the 3DS and Wii U eShop closure announcements are made well in advance of the actual shutdown.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone know when the North American virtual console will be shut down?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A