• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Should I get Color Splash or Origami King?

User Info: FurryBoi

FurryBoi
4 months ago#1
Thoughts?
Nothing can top Metroid Prime :P

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
4 months ago#2
CS cuz it’s cheaper now
OK later when price drops and you’ve played thru CS

User Info: minchew91

minchew91
4 months ago#3
I honestly thought Color Splash was better
Playing: DQ VI DS, Ni No Kuni S, SM3D World
Last games beat: Link's Awakening, Color Splash,Bully, Pokemon Sword, DQ XI S, BotW, DQ 2 Switch, PM TOK, TMS#FE U,

User Info: kurtrussell

kurtrussell
3 months ago#4
Color Splash is great. Managed to get it for $2.99 a few weeks back at my local Family Video. YouTube led me to believe that Color Splash is some kind of an abomination but it's actually really good. Honestly, the impression I have now is that the vocal haters of Color Splash are weird man-children who are upset that the Paper Mario series refuses to go back to the style of 'The Thousand Year Door' that released on the gamecube almost 20 years ago. Video game fanboys are weird.

User Info: Quin1

Quin1
3 months ago#5
@kurtrussell mass effect andromeda was like that, because all the fanboys didnt like that everybody died at the end of 3 and it was a different crew in andromeda it got slated, I held off buying it and now that I have it's great! Fanboys create as many problems as benefits

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
3 months ago#6
minchew91 posted...
I honestly thought Color Splash was better
This.

The Origami King wasn't "bad", but in many ways it felt like a stepdown from Color Splash in that all of the satisfying puzzle-solving was dumbed down while the battle system was more gimmicky than satisfying.
"Paper Mario needs a 'Sonic Mania' right now", my feedback for Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling survey

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
3 months ago#7
kurtrussell posted...
Color Splash is great. Managed to get it for $2.99 a few weeks back at my local Family Video. YouTube led me to believe that Color Splash is some kind of an abomination but it's actually really good. Honestly, the impression I have now is that the vocal haters of Color Splash are weird man-children who are upset that the Paper Mario series refuses to go back to the style of 'The Thousand Year Door' that released on the gamecube almost 20 years ago. Video game fanboys are weird.

Color Splash haters are more than a vocal minority. That game does have some legitimate design flaws such as a poor battle system and no meaningful rewards for battling. Sticker Star and The Origami King also suffer from those problems.
"Just renember All Caps when you spell the man name" MF DOOM
Switch FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: SavageGlum100

SavageGlum100
3 months ago#8
@Quin1

Why the f*** do you have unmarked MAJOR spoilers for Mass Effect 3 in your f***ing post?

User Info: Quin1

Quin1
3 months ago#9
@SavageGlum100 🤣 well not everyone dies, depends how you play the game, you know it has many different outcomes right? So it's not really a spoiler👍 point I'm making is people didnt like the endings and got all salty and didnt like the next one because of it (bugs aside that were mostly sorted) but by then the damage to reputation was done
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: SavageGlum100

SavageGlum100
3 months ago#10
@Quin1

You are revealing massive spoilers about Mass Effect 3 in a topic about Paper Mario. People who haven't played Mass Effect 3 yet (which is a game available on Wii U as Mass Effect 3: Special Edition) just got f***ed over by your posts. Cover up your f***ing spoilers using the "?" option when creating posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Should I get Color Splash or Origami King?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A