• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I have a confession to make.... to WiiU owners

User Info: __starsnostars

__starsnostars
1 month ago#11
It was the only console I actually regretted buying. I doubt I came anywhere near a dollar/hour ratio with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDyXIXyAZq0
Please consider adopting a cat from your SPCA or local animal shelter.

User Info: GSS1-Sirius

GSS1-Sirius
1 month ago#12
jimi_dini posted...
Nintendo's only real problem was the stupid name.

I find it baffling that people hated this name so when both Sony & Microsoft's consoles sounds like kindergarten toys but everyone loves them sooo much.
I can't say their names with a straight face honestly.

I remember already back in 95 I laughed at Sonys new console because I couldn't believe they would go with such a stupid name.

User Info: Master_Magnus

Master_Magnus
1 month ago#13
GSS1-Sirius posted...
I find it baffling that people hated this name so when both Sony & Microsoft's consoles sounds like kindergarten toys but everyone loves them sooo much.
I can't say their names with a straight face honestly.

I remember already back in 95 I laughed at Sonys new console because I couldn't believe they would go with such a stupid name.

The problem was that the Wii U name caused confusion since it sounds more like an addon than a new console. It didn't help that the console itself looked almost identical to the Wii and all the marketing showed the Gamepad.
I still don't know how XBox manages to sell more consoles with even more idiotic names than Wii U though.

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
1 month ago#14
Master_Magnus posted...
The problem was that the Wii U name caused confusion since it sounds more like an addon than a new console. It didn't help that the console itself looked almost identical to the Wii and all the marketing showed the Gamepad.
I still don't know how XBox manages to sell more consoles with even more idiotic names than Wii U though.
Because xbox uses numbers.
Wii went to Wii U and people were asking what the heck is that?
I asked people.... do u have a Wii U? People would say “yea I have a Wii”.
Thats how confused people were.

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#15
i have a confession I like the Switch more than Wii U because of its game library.
I like it cause it uses cartridges. No worry about disc scratches, uses cheap micro SD Cards for Storage.
As a portable device it's the most powerful one out there. As a Home Console its the weakest.
This is just Nintendos mentailty "Oh we dont wanna compete with Sony or Microsoft."
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776, Nintendo Switch ID: SW-1308-8511-0330
PS5 and Xbox Series X in the future
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola
1 month ago#16
ArcFan10000 posted...
i have a confession I like the Switch more than Wii U because of its game library.
But it's the same library...?
"GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site." ~ CJayC
(message deleted)

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#18
MrCokeacola posted...
But it's the same library...?
Almost

User Info: sull56ivan2010

sull56ivan2010
1 month ago#19
jimi_dini posted...
Nintendo's only real problem was the stupid name.
Everything else was well done.

Nintendo actually created tons of exclusive games for it, UNLIKE THE Switch which primarily gets left-over ports from Wii U. That alone shows how stupid the masses are.

They should have called it the Super Wii or whatever. Even such a name would have been a way better choice.
You need to stop with this lie that the Switch is only getting "left-over ports from Wii U." If you bothered to look instead of continuing this crusade to make Wii U look better, there are tons of original exclusives. Get over it. Switch has stuff you can't get on Wii U and the library is a share of original games with titles that PlayStation and Xbox have had.
Professional athletes lack intelligence to understand real world issues.

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#20
Is that old man sully being lame again?
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I have a confession to make.... to WiiU owners
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A