• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii Party vs. Wii Party

User Info: Gazoo

Gazoo
4 months ago#1
Wii Party vs. Wii Party

I haven't seen many comparisons between these games, so I made a poll. Which do you prefer, and why?

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
4 months ago#2
From what I've seen of both of them, Wii Party U has some interesting options regarding how you play the game, and some of the party modes and minigames look kind of fun, but it also has a lot of modes I don't think I would ever use.

The original Wii Party may have less content, but what it lacks in quantity I think it makes up for in quality -- all of its modes seem so much richer and more fleshed-out. In comparison, Wii Party U comes off feeling a little too lifeless and even robotic.
This posting is made in full compliance with the GameFAQs Terms and Conditions. The poster politely asks all moderators to please LEAVE HER ALONE.

Gazoo
4 months ago#3
Scraps posted...
From what I've seen of both of them, Wii Party U has some interesting options regarding how you play the game, and some of the party modes and minigames look kind of fun, but it also has a lot of modes I don't think I would ever use.

The original Wii Party may have less content, but what it lacks in quantity I think it makes up for in quality -- all of its modes seem so much richer and more fleshed-out. In comparison, Wii Party U comes off feeling a little too lifeless and even robotic.
Good insight. Also, I realized I forgot the "U" in the title and it's bothering me.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
4 months ago#4
Eh, I guess Wii Party U gets my vote for not having the "Cry Babies" mini game. Sorry, I have a serious phobia...
"Paper Mario needs a 'Sonic Mania' right now", my feedback for Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling survey

Gazoo
3 months ago#5
StephenYap3 posted...
Eh, I guess Wii Party U gets my vote for not having the "Cry Babies" mini game. Sorry, I have a serious phobia...
Lol I started thinking of Poofesure.

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
3 months ago#6
Wii Party U
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776, Nintendo Switch ID: SW-1308-8511-0330
Waiting For: Playstation 5

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
3 months ago#7
Wii Party has some great games where you hide wiimotes and pass it along like a bomb and stuff. 4 player puzzler here is....weird but ok.

Wii U Party has....a few better standard mini games, plus an excellent 2 player colour puzzler. Loses out on games with the Wiimote though, it has some ok ones, where you press buttons in order, and where you move around in a circle, and one where you scoop water out.
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: Relia

Relia
4 weeks ago#8
I think I only played Wii Party once.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii Party vs. Wii Party
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A