• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Best Party Game on the Wii U

User Info: Gazoo

Gazoo
2 months ago#1
Best Party Game you can play on the Wii U

The Wii U has a large selection of party games if you include backwards compatible games. For this poll, I included games from the Mario Party (not including VC games) and Wii Party series. Which of these party games is your favorite, and why?

User Info: Quin1

Quin1
2 months ago#2
Mario party 10, although it's pretty random who it let's win it has a good range of mini games, and nice overall game length. Second for me is nintendoland but its not in the poll

Gazoo
2 months ago#3
Quin1 posted...
Mario party 10, although it's pretty random who it let's win it has a good range of mini games, and nice overall game length. Second for me is nintendoland but its not in the poll

Interesting choice. Nintendo Land does have some nice multiplayer games too (my favorite is the luigi's mansion one). If you played mario party 9, what made you like 10 better?
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: VivaLaRazaLH

VivaLaRazaLH
2 months ago#4
People s*** on MP8 but it's by far my most played party game still. My brothers and I will alternate between 1-8 but nothing gets us going like Koopa Town in MP8
NNID: ElvisTheGreat 3DSFC: 0946-2752-2990
PSN: ElPapiElvis GT: ElvisTheGreat

Gazoo
2 months ago#5
VivaLaRazaLH posted...
People s*** on MP8 but it's by far my most played party game still. My brothers and I will alternate between 1-8 but nothing gets us going like Koopa Town in MP8
It's true that many people trash talk MP8, but its fans love it. Koopa Town is definitely a favorite.

User Info: Quin1

Quin1
2 months ago#6
@Gazoo I've only got 8 and 10 so hadn't tried 9, 8 just looks dated, I like the vibrancy of 10 and the kids love it too,
Yea on nintendoland the luigi one is good fun and tense

Gazoo
2 months ago#7
Quin1 posted...
@Gazoo I've only got 8 and 10 so hadn't tried 9, 8 just looks dated, I like the vibrancy of 10 and the kids love it too,
Yea on nintendoland the luigi one is good fun and tense
Looks like 10 is doing well on the poll. I think 8's graphics are worse because it was probably going to be on the gamecube, but got moved to the wii. 9 looks great for the wii, and 10 is obviously the best in terms of graphics.

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
2 months ago#8
NintendoLand would be my vote. So many good times at family get togethers with that game.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Gazoo
2 months ago#9
TC2Kevin posted...
NintendoLand would be my vote. So many good times at family get togethers with that game.
Yeah, the multiplayer games can create a lot of memorable moments. I would have included it on the list, but I made it a poll of the board game based party games.

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
2 months ago#10
I guess Mario Party 9 due to have more fun memories with it than the rest, even though the car mechanic is whatever...

I haven't played enough of Mario Party 8 to have an opinion on it, but from what little I played out of it, I think the game should've supported Game Cube controllers given how iffy the motion controls were in most cases.

Mario Party 10 was a bit of a stepdown from 9 in quality, but its amiibo Party mode more than made up for it, in my opinion. Heck, I even liked the amiibo Party mode more than Super Mario Party on Switch.

Wii Party is an okay Mario Party competitor, but that's really all I can say about it.

Wii Party U is a bit better than Wii Party, but I haven't played enough of it in comparison.

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival (which isn't on the poll) is...well, it's just bad.

TC2Kevin posted...
Ah, Nintendo Land. I lost track of the amount of hours I shoved into Metroid Blast...
"Paper Mario needs a 'Sonic Mania' right now", my feedback for Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling survey
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Best Party Game on the Wii U
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A