• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Never played a metroid game: Thinking of picking up the Prime Trilogy

User Info: GodOfDerp

GodOfDerp
3 months ago#1
I keep hearing these 3 games are fantastic and well worth playing. So without any spoilers, shall I get them?

Also I am well aware of the motion controls. If I could beat skyward sword 100% 8 seperate times, i'm pretty sure i'm not going to struggle with them here.

User Info: CAPnCRUNCH

CAPnCRUNCH
3 months ago#2
Yeah, just get it. I haven't played 2 yet but 1 and 3 are very good and shouldn't be missed. They're pretty challenging but fair. And the motion controls are spot on and why this trilogy is one of my all time favorites.
"Playem if ya gottem" cause it's good fer ya!

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
3 months ago#3
Yes, they’re great, well worth the money
YoU cAn'T jUsT sHoOt A hOlE iNtO tHe SuRfAcE oF mArS

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
3 months ago#4
Definitely get it

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
3 months ago#5
Get it now for $20 before Nintendo re-releases it for Switch, bumps up the price to $60, and removes it from the Wii U shop.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

User Info: shakmstr

shakmstr
3 months ago#6
I would like a Wii physical copy but I’m unsure since it’s been rumored the Switch will be getting it.

Saw it at GameStop prior to the pandemic. It’s completely gone from stores now and going for crazy amounts on EBay.

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
3 months ago#7
Go for it. I'd also nab Super while the eshop is still up.
2DS FC tempest 1478 9807 1205

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
3 months ago#8
TC2Kevin posted...
Get it now for $20 before Nintendo re-releases it for Switch, bumps up the price to $60, and removes it from the Wii U shop.

this
Plus motion controls improve the Metroid Prime games. On Switch all of that will be removed and either replaced with bad Switch controller motion.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: Rexskel

Rexskel
3 months ago#9
Pick also Metroid Fusion, it’s my personal fav.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Never played a metroid game: Thinking of picking up the Prime Trilogy
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A