• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is there a list of all Wii U games that require updates/patches?

User Info: LibertyEagle20

LibertyEagle20
2 months ago#1
I am looking for a list of Wii U games that have updates/patches. Ideally I would like to know what the patch does and the size. Does anything like this exist? I know Super Smash Brothers requires a big update.

User Info: Quin1

Quin1
2 months ago#2
I'd say almost all my games have updated on first use, epic mickey 2 didnt, dreamhouse barbie didnt.

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
2 months ago#3
Runbow didn't. NSMBU did I believe.

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
1 month ago#4
Quin1 posted...
I'd say almost all my games have updated on first use,
Wrong.

And there are quite a few games that have patches, but these don't contain bug fixes but extra features/content.
For example Captain Toad.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

Quin1
1 month ago#5
jimi_dini posted...
Wrong.

And there are quite a few games that have patches, but these don't contain bug fixes but extra features/content.
For example Captain Toad.

Well its not wrong is it? I said almost all of my games have updated on first use?? Which they have...
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Ballermann2D

Ballermann2D
1 month ago#6
I'm not aware of any. I've once tried to start a thread exactly about this on another forum, but people were not interested

maybe it will work here? I have a list of a few games of mine which i can look up later and post here if is there's any interest. But others should do it too - together we can make this

i would suggest that we include the following info:

• game title
  • region (US/PAL/JP)
  • version number (often displayed either on the title screens, or boot screens, sometimes in the options menus)
  • install size (can be viewed in the file management section from the U's main menu). this also works with eshop downloads, as the updates usually are listed separately

and your console should be online of course, otherwise this is pointless
was Dreamcast a PlayStation?
(edited 1 month ago)

LibertyEagle20
1 month ago#7
Ballermann2D posted...
I'm not aware of any. I've once tried to start a thread exactly about this on another forum, but people were not interested

maybe it will work here? I have a list of a few games of mine which i can look up later and post here if is there's any interest. But others should do it too - together we can make this

i would suggest that we include the following info:

* game title
* region (US/PAL/JP)
* version number (often displayed either on the title screens, or boot screens, sometimes in the options menus)
* install size (can be viewed in the file management section from the U's main menu). this also works with eshop downloads, as the updates usually are listed separately

and your console should be online of course, otherwise this is pointless

Is there any way to know what these updates/patches fixed or changed? Any way to view release notes?

Quin1
1 month ago#8
LibertyEagle20 posted...
Is there any way to know what these updates/patches fixed or changed? Any way to view release notes?

Some individual games have the patch info online or on wiki, but not all

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#9
Good luck finding a complete list

LibertyEagle20
1 month ago#10
I actually think I have a list of 90%+ of games that require updates but it doesn't sound like there is much interest. The only ones I don't know are rare ones that I don't want to open to find out because they are crappy anyway so theres no reason to kill the value of the game by opening it (ex: Croods, Hello Kitty). Unfortunately I do not know what is included in any of the updates, only that the games have one.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is there a list of all Wii U games that require updates/patches?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A