• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your gaming day 7?

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#331
Played some Mushroom Men The Spore Wars-made a little bit of progress..had fun. I forget that the trusty Wii U has a Wii in it that plays Wii games. The next few months I'll b workin on getting all or most of the games on my list..when that's done-I'll b gettin Wii games and hidden gem Wii games.

Gonna play Gears 5 now and I suspect that'll b my highlight..good night guys..
Now Playing-
Kirby Triple Deluxe, Gears 5, Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass, Mushroom Men The Spore Wars, SM64DS, Soul Calibur VI

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#332
CAPnCRUNCH posted...
Cool, that's great to hear! I really want to play this game but all i ever hear about is how great the online is. Now i know there's a fun game waiting on me even when the online ends. While were on the subject, i never played Tri. Would there be any point in playing that one or is the Wii u version the exact same just updated?
It's basically Tri updated with a tonne of extra content. I'm not 100% sure if Tri allowed you to solo online quests, but 3U allows this with no problem, however it is usually easier to do them online of course.

One thing I know is missing from 3U however is a quest I wish I could have played...It's called World Eater, and you are hunting an over-sized Deviljho...it is huge! They replaced it with an over-sized Nibblesnarf, which is still probably a really fun hunt, but I wish there was a huge Deviljho still...

One thing that is amazing about 3U however is how it syncs up with the 3DS version. You can copy your save file to the 3DS for on the go hunting (there's a free transfer app), or you can play couch co-op with three friends if they have the 3DS version. If you're like me though, finding 3 friends with even just a 3DS is hard lol, let alone with a copy of the game. The time I did it, a friend used my save file on the Wii U, and I used the 3DS version I also own so we could hunt together. It was pretty fun though!

The controls fee pretty stiff and deliberate compared to 4U, which I assume is still stiff compared to World, but it is still really fun to play IMO.

I can talk about MH for hours lol.

@Nodrog77 glad you are having fun with the Wii aspect of the Wii U! Lol that's how I play all my Wii games!
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)
(edited 1 month ago)

Nodrog77
1 month ago#333
darthcorpse posted...
It's basically Tri updated with a tonne of extra content. I'm not 100% sure if Tri allowed you to solo online quests, but 3U allows this with no problem, however it is usually easier to do them online of course.

One thing I know is missing from 3U however is a quest I wish I could have played...It's called World Eater, and you are hunting an over-sized Deviljho...it is huge! They replaced it with an over-sized Nibblesnarf, which is still probably a really fun hunt, but I wish there was a huge Deviljho still...

One thing that is amazing about 3U however is how it syncs up with the 3DS version. You can copy your save file to the 3DS for on the go hunting (there's a free transfer app), or you can play couch co-op with three friends if they have the 3DS version. If you're like me though, finding 3 friends with even just a 3DS is hard lol, let alone with a copy of the game. The time I did it, a friend used my save file on the Wii U, and I used the 3DS version I also own so we could hunt together. It was pretty fun though!

The controls fee pretty stiff and deliberate compared to 4U, which I assume is still stiff compared to World, but it is still really fun to play IMO.

I can talk about MH for hours lol.

@Nodrog77 glad you are having fun with the Wii aspect of the Wii U! Lol that's how I play all my Wii games!
The MH games sound really fun/rewarding but I avoid them cause I'm afraid they'll be too complex and/or difficult..i.e.I won't know how to play them..
Now Playing-
Kirby Triple Deluxe, Gears 5, Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass, Mushroom Men The Spore Wars, SM64DS, Soul Calibur VI

darthcorpse
1 month ago#334
Nodrog77 posted...
The MH games sound really fun/rewarding but I avoid them cause I'm afraid they'll be too complex and/or difficult..i.e.I won't know how to play them..
MH can be a little intimidating, but they start you off fairly gently, and explain the basic mechanics as you go. The first quests (Low Rank) are meant to be a tutorial. Then you get to high rank, and it ramps up a little, and you start to find that certain gear is better for certain situations (ie being able to defend against fire elemental damage would be useful against a fire-breathing monster). This is where it can start to become complex, as there are a number of skills you can unlock by crafting armour from various monsters that has properties like that (or things that increase your overall health, make you able to block certain attacks, etc).

You can increase these skills again with gems and with talismans... all this stuff CAN get a little complicated, and there are even mobile apps and online resources where players have compiled all the data to help make the best gear for any kind of situation you'd find yourself in. Crafting that gear is the main part of the game, and requires numerous battles.

As you fight the monsters, you start to understand their attack patterns and how best to defend and attack against them. Low Rank monsters are generally pushovers (although it can feel harder because Low Rank gear is matched to them pretty well), and then High Rank will give you more of a fight (with more attacks and faster speeds)...and then comes the real game...G Rank. G Rank is all in the online area, so the idea is to tackle them with friends, but it is possible (but hard) to do them yourself. Early ones are fine, but as you progress in this rank, you face tougher and tougher foes...their old attacks will be augmented with new surprises, and they're faster and far more aggressive. It's tough but rewarding! There are also really cool monsters you don't see until that point.

It's a fun and rewarding series, but like Dark Souls, it requires time to learn each opponent, and can be brutally hard. The best players can get through the game without worrying about their gear, but most players do anyway, because you can make mixed armour sets that allow for some creativity and unique appearances, along with interesting skill boosts.

With MH Tri, they didn't have G Rank, so it ends with High Rank, meaning the game isn't crazy hard (though to balance this, you only have a maximum of High Rank gear).

I'd recommend watching some players on YouTube to get a flavour of what it's like. There are a number of videos with tips and strategies, and it can be fun to watch good hunters hunt. Team Darkside did some really crazy challenges, for example.

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
1 month ago#335
Got my skell in XCX last night. Around 30 hours in (I did an extra couple affinity missions, and it took me a little while to realize that I was trying to fulfill one of the license requirements by getting 15,000 miranium at one time instead of 15,000 credits like it really wanted me to). Didn't have any time to play with it, as I had to go to bed, but excited to pick up from where I left off.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Nodrog77
1 month ago#336
TC2Kevin posted...
Got my skell in XCX last night. Around 30 hours in (I did an extra couple affinity missions, and it took me a little while to realize that I was trying to fulfill one of the license requirements by getting 15,000 miranium at one time instead of 15,000 credits like it really wanted me to). Didn't have any time to play with it, as I had to go to bed, but excited to pick up from where I left off.
Sweet! That's awesome @TC2Kevin !! Thank u @darthcorpse . :-)
Now Playing-

darthcorpse
1 month ago#337
@TC2Kevin congrats, that should be fun!

No worries @Nodrog77 . It's not what I'd call a casual game, by any stretch.

darthcorpse
1 month ago#338
Forgot to say I picked up a couple DS games on the weekend...Brain Training, More Brain Training, and Professor Layton and the Curious Village. All for £2. My quest to buy enough DS/3DS games to justify having a large empty new case continues...

Nodrog77
1 month ago#339
darthcorpse posted...
Forgot to say I picked up a couple DS games on the weekend...Brain Training, More Brain Training, and Professor Layton and the Curious Village. All for £2. My quest to buy enough DS/3DS games to justify having a large empty new case continues...
☺(-:
Now Playing-

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#340
Azure Striker Gunvolt on the trusty 3DS
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Nintendo Switch system, Playstation 5
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your gaming day 7?
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Answers