• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your gaming day 7?
Yesterday I started a new game of Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Not as good as TTYD but still fun.
PSN: Handsomistic1 NNID: Handsomistic15
3DS FC: 2767-1438-6425

User Info: CAPnCRUNCH

CAPnCRUNCH
2 weeks ago#182
darthcorpse posted...
.so happy they kept the amazingly bad voice acting. Does Overkill have that too?

I don't know if i'd say the same "bad voice acting", but i would say just plain "bad" language. F,F,F kinda funny, but kinda ruins it too. IMO.
Sounds like Other M is going good for ya, cool!
If you can get past the mushroom thing you have going on, i think you'd really dig Mushroom Men. It's has a lot going for it.
Also, The Third Age arrived today for the GC. I checked it out, it looks great! It came with Return of the King, such a great deal i couldn't pass it up. Seems like it's one step forward two steps back as far as the backlog is concerned :(
"Playem if ya gottem" cause it's good fer ya!

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
2 weeks ago#183
Sounds like you’re making good progress on Other M @darthcorpse ! Stick around after the credits, there’s more to do!

I’m now six hours into Okamiden, and it’s really getting good. Just completed the third “dungeon.” Also learned two more Celestial Brush Techniques today.
Now Playing: Okamiden
Upcoming: Animal Crossing: New Horizons, DOOM Eternal

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
2 weeks ago#184
Timinatron posted...
I’m now six hours into Okamiden, and it’s really getting good. Just completed the third “dungeon.” Also learned two more Celestial Brush Techniques today.

Got a Power Star in SMGalaxy2 and now I'm fixin to resume my saved game of Hyrule Warriors. Keep it up @Timinatron !
Now Playing-
Kirby Extra Epic Yarn, Gears 5, Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass, Okami HD, Soul Calibur VI, TLoZelda Breath of the Wild

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
2 weeks ago#185
Played some XCX for the first time in a long time. Think I got my bearings again. The music in NLA sucks though.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
2 weeks ago#186
@BrianCraigSmith that sounds good. I know @Nodrog77 likes that game too.

@CAPnCRUNCH , oh I see... That's somewhat unfortunate. I'm not against swearing per se, but it's also not my favourite thing. I'd much rather have the awful acting! The game still looks fun, though...but so far I've resisted buying the HotD games because I have both the RE: Chronicles games and Ghost Recon, and don't play those enough to justify more lightgun shooters. I might cave on HotD 2 and 3 though, just for the cheese. I was hoping Ghost Recon would have some, but it's not as bad as I'd have liked.

@Nodrog77 nice one with the power star! I need to revisit SMG2 soon...the music alone is worth coming back for. I may also buy 1, as it's not that expensive these days...maybe after I trade in another pile of games. They are such great Mario games...they used the theme really well and imaginatively.

@TC2Kevin I'm looking forward to playing XCX. It is a shame it's not the same composers as on XC... In particular, I couldn't stand the fight music. Hopefully I'll be able to look past that.

@Timinatron so I'm given to understand! Don't worry, I'll not switch it off right away...even if I didn't know about more stuff coming, I'd watch the credits to the end. I do that with movies once in a while, but almost always with games. You never know what you might miss if you stop there...it might even prompt for a save so that you can unlock NG+ or bonus stuff.

Last night I did some exploring...I get the sectors mixed up, but basically I was getting all the pick-ups marked on the map that I missed from the ice and forest areas. I also found a bunch of unmarked ones. I now have 8 energy tanks and 40ish missiles. Everything is so much easier in the game with all the power-ups! I have to admit, they did a fantastic job making you feel like a bad ass at the end. The reason you don't have all your gear from the beginning is pretty silly (well, it kinda makes sense, but it's not the best reasoning I've heard), but no matter how they justify it, the way the game rewards your hard work makes it all worthwhile to me. It's not a metroidvania in terms of exploration, but the unlocking of abilities goes someway towards mitigating that.

Sounds like you're doing great in Okamiden as well. It's a fantastic world they created, and the gameplay from the original was so satisfying with bringing healing to the land and seeing things transform in front of you.
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii), Metroid Other M (Wii), Final Fantasy V (GBA)
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
2 weeks ago#187
Playing Earthbound on my Super Nes Classic Edition
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Nintendo Switch system, Playstation 5

darthcorpse
2 weeks ago#188
ArcFan10000 posted...
Playing Earthbound on my Super Nes Classic Edition

I've gotta make myself finish that some day...
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii), Metroid Other M (Wii), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

darthcorpse
2 weeks ago#189
Tonight I got to the end credits in Metroid: Other M! Now I have the last part to do, but not bad. The Metroid Queen was a massive pain, well the first part of the fight anyway, where you have to defeat a bunch of Metroids, though I shouldn't complain, as I previously said it was disappointing that Adam destroyed them all in Sector 0.
I found that the more patient I was, just avoiding attacks until everything was lined up and then doing a sense move dodge before firing, the easier it was. It took a few tries to work that out, though!

I guess I'll carve out a few more sessions to put this one to bed, and then it'll be time to cross it off the backlog.

User Info: CAPnCRUNCH

CAPnCRUNCH
2 weeks ago#190
darthcorpse posted...
Tonight I got to the end credits in Metroid: Other M!

Nice job! Have you decided on what's next yet? You said SoTC was on the list to finish. I loved that freakin game!
"Playem if ya gottem" cause it's good fer ya!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your gaming day 7?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers