• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. 11 months I lost my Wii U in a natural disaster, just got a replacement.....

User Info: Cheko2015

Cheko2015
1 month ago#1
So long story short 11 years ago, a natural disaster decimated my town and destroyed my apartment. Amongst the casualties was my Wii U. Which is sad as I had games, accessories, and saves going all the way back to the wii era. Had a s*** ton of virtual console games too on both wii and wii u. I had some DLC too. I had an account with Nintendo, my Nintendo Network account.

Well a friend of mine just gave me his Wii U for free. Was just wondering if there is any way to get a lot of my online purchases back via Nintendo or if I am SOL.

User Info: MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola
1 month ago#2
So 11 months or 11 years...?

Big difference.
"GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site." ~ CJayC

User Info: Zellio2014

Zellio2014
1 month ago#3
Cheko2015 posted...
So long story short 11 years ago, a natural disaster decimated my town and destroyed my apartment. Amongst the casualties was my Wii U. Which is sad as I had games, accessories, and saves going all the way back to the wii era. Had a s*** ton of virtual console games too on both wii and wii u. I had some DLC too. I had an account with Nintendo, my Nintendo Network account.

Well a friend of mine just gave me his Wii U for free. Was just wondering if there is any way to get a lot of my online purchases back via Nintendo or if I am SOL.

I'm sorry, I lost my time machine and can't return to 2025 to help you out with your 11 year old wii u

I hope you get my message in 2025
8700k/32 gb ddr4 3200/1tb NVME m.2/EVGA 2080ti/LG 55c6p 4k OLED/Logitech z906 5.1/Tower 900/water cooling/RGB all
Alienware Area 51m/9700k/64 gb ram/2080/2.5tb

Cheko2015
1 month ago#4
11 months. Typos are fun huh

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
1 month ago#5
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I fear the day that such a thing could happen to me. Anyway, if you contact Nintendo support, they may be able to help you. You might not even need to do that though if you can remember your Nintnedo ID login and access your eShop account. Your download history still exists.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#6
What natural disaster occurred for you?

User Info: megamachopop

megamachopop
1 month ago#7
JonnyBoyFF posted...
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I fear the day that such a thing could happen to me. Anyway, if you contact Nintendo support, they may be able to help you. You might not even need to do that though if you can remember your Nintnedo ID login and access your eShop account. Your download history still exists.

If their NNID is still linked to the old Wii U, it has to either be transferred off or remotely moved to a new system on Nintendo's end. Since they obviously can't transfer, contacting Nintendo is the only way.

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#8
Well that's just GREAT, I just pissed myself. J/K
Now Playing-
Gears 5, Kirby Star Allies, Gears Ultimate, Gears Judgement

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
4 weeks ago#9

Cheko2015
4 weeks ago#10
EvilResident posted...
@Cheko2015 ❓

Oh hey. Hurricane Michael hit about 11 months ago. Cat 5 hurricane, most devastating even seen in my area over 100+ years. Decimated the region. I evacuated and was safe. But my belongings were kept in 2 areas, One in my apartment bedroom that my fiancee and me shared. The entire roof was ripped off of said bedroom, flooding everything even items in shelves/drawers. In that room, I lost my Wii U, Wii, all Wii/Wii U games and accessories. My NES and SNES Classics. My Xbox One X (I had just swapped in my original Xbox One for an X too). All Xbox games/accessories. My 49 inch 4K tv. My Switch dock/pro controller and some 3DS games (I brought my actual Switch/3DS and some games with me in the evacuation).

The 2nd area my belonging were kept in was my childhood bedroom at my parents house. A tree fell in that room and debris/flooding ruined everything in that room. Lost belongings include N64 with games and accessories, childhood SNES, PS2 and games/accessories, Nintendo DS, GBA, GBC. Xbox 360 and games/accessories. I lost a bunch of other stuff too like clothes, old laptop, memorabilia, etc.

The good news is my fiancee and I have already recovered. We have good jobs. I am staring at a 55 inch 4k TV right now with new NES/SNES CLassics, Xbox One X, and Switch all hooked up to it. A lot of my accessories and games for those systems have been replaced. It's just the older stuff I can't get back so easily as it is not produced. My Wii U is my video game lost that stings the most. It had a lot of N64/DS/Wii VC titles I cant get back. My Wii stings the 2nd most as I lost all my Gamecube stuff through it. But it is what it is. I made it out lucky compared to a lot of ppl in my area. I also did not attend the first funeral from the storm.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. 11 months I lost my Wii U in a natural disaster, just got a replacement.....
  • Post New Message