• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U has now lost another exclusive to Switch (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE).

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
1 month ago#61
Abigloser posted...
Oh ok didn't know about that. Wonder why he loves the Wii u so much yet seems to dislike the switch as well.

That actually makes sense.
And it's even hilarious because years before the Switch, people on here (most of the time the well known trolls) called me a Nintendo fanboy, which I am not.

I simply appreciate quality.
I loved the PS2, which also had perfect backward compatibility and almost all games worked just fine.
I hate the PS3, because it's a terrible system with extremely buggy games.
I love the Wii U, because again it's objectively a great system. It has tons of Nintendo exclusives, and the few non-Nintendo exclusives are also fun. It has perfect backward compatibility. And it allowed playing almost all Nintendo games since the NES thanks to Virtual Console.

You know why I hate the Switch?
Because it's objectively the exact opposite of the Wii U. It has the same buggy games like the games on PS3. No Virtual Console. Paid online. Terrible battery life. No internet browser. Downgraded ports because the Switch is incapable of doing 2 screen gaming and so on and so on.

The Wii U has a few minor faults, including the naming + the marketing, and it had tons of potential. A few games showed it, like ZombiU.

The Switch has none of that. And Nintendo without Iwata isn't even really Nintendo anymore. They are money grabbing bastards nowadays. It's one thing to rush a s***ty console using broken controllers to the market, but it's another thing to ignore the issue and continue on and on and even releasing a revision having the same flaw once again.

And it's also unacceptable that the only good thing about the Switch, which is carts, is also ruined because Nintendo allows publishers to release half of the physical game that you purchased as a digital code. They are even themselves so cheap, that they are doing the same scam themselves.

See, I loved Iwata Nintendo, not because of the Nintendo label, but because they stood for quality. Out of all my Wii U games the Nintendo ones got almost no patches and when they got them, most of the time it's actual updates, and not tons of bugfixes.

The Wii U showed that it's possible to create HD games without them being buggy messes. They BTFO'd almost all other developers.

On the Switch once again it's the exact opposite. Games are rushed out of the door. Hell, Mario Odyssey is the very first MARIO game that got a day 1 patch. And things like that make me mad.

Also please notice - this is the Wii U forum. So you would expect people on here liking the Wii U, instead of making troll thread after troll thread. "See here, the Wii U lost another exclusive". What's the purpose of it?

I don't post on the Switch forums (I think I made 2 or 3 posts in total), because I can at least accept that people like it. I don't understand it, but I won't piss into their cereal like the trolls in here.

It's easy to make me happy. Give me a well made console with games that are not buggy messes and do not get patches. Simply do actual software development. I remember on Wii U games were ready for release months - MONTHS - before the actual release. That's why they were so well tested. All of that was lost after Iwata died and that makes me sad. Iwata was really not just a CEO, but also a gamer. He wouldn't have accepted any of the crap that happens nowadays.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: sull56ivan2010

sull56ivan2010
1 month ago#62
@jimi_dini

Do you not understand what buggy means or are you just a picky person who wants to be pampered?
Nintendo and PC fanboys hate it when gamers play more than their games
Patriots fans: The most spoiled insecure bandwagon ever. Worse than Philadelphia fans

User Info: Tenchi UK

Tenchi UK
1 month ago#63
sull56ivan2010 posted...
@jimi_dini

Do you not understand what buggy means or are you just a picky person who wants to be pampered?

im going with the former. considering they dont seem to know what objectively means either jimi_dini posted...
On the Switch once again it's the exact opposite. Games are rushed out of the door. Hell, Mario Odyssey is the very first MARIO game that got a day 1 patch. And things like that make me mad.

you do realize that people got the game and even played through the entire thing before the day 1 patch was even released, and was no less buggy than your usual 3d mario game

the issue is that you are correlating patches with Game breaking bugs, some advice is to look at the patch notes for a game, since the vast majority of offline games can be played perfectly fine without patches, just like how you can play xenoblade X without the data packs. you just have to look at the vast spectrum of games outside the AAA market.

even during the "golden eras" of games you still had to deal with various quirks, such as rough translations in japanese rpgs some which make even the infamous original Ys VIII translation look like a masterwork, potential save destroying bugs such as twilght princess, FFVI/III on snes or skyward sword or elements of games simply not working. (such as equipment effects not working in the original final fantasy, or dragon quest 2 being notoriously unfinished, to the devs of the original mother (aka earthbound beginings) outright admiting to not being able to test the endgame Dark cloud on ps2 having an item which was missing from the localized version making specific areas inaccessable, donkey kong 64 requiring the expansion pack due to a game breaking bug) not to mention shovelware which has been an issue since pretty much the begining of gaming.

jimi_dini posted...
All of that was lost after Iwata died and that makes me sad. Iwata was really not just a CEO, but also a gamer. He wouldn't have accepted any of the crap that happens nowadays.

your argument seems to be on baseless assumption on what iwata would have done, while ignoring evidence which suggests the switch was something iwata very much had a big say in, such as statements from miyamoto or other people iwata had contact with, such as the dragon quest XI developers, who iwata asked to bring the game over to the system, hence being the first game announced for the "NX"

jimi_dini posted...
The Wii U showed that it's possible to create HD games without them being buggy messes. They BTFO'd almost all other developers.

rather it was other develiopers not wanting to release on the wiiu because they found it an unappealing system. if it was a quality issue then it wouldn't explain how countless great games missed the system while games like Meme run and sonic boom were allowed in.

jimi_dini posted...
And it's even hilarious because years before the Switch, people on here (most of the time the well known trolls) called me a Nintendo fanboy, which I am not.

it does feel like you have been disingenuous in regards to certain subjects (such as praising nintendo for "getting rid of the hebe/pedo trash content" on TMS while critisizing them for releasing said "censored" version on switch without explanation)
Pear into Peaches!

User Info: Tenchi UK

Tenchi UK
1 month ago#64
in short while each gen of gaming has had its issues (such as the ones mentioned before or the current issues plaguing the "AAA" market) there are still a large amount of great games to be able to play.

nowadays even if you arent a fan of AAA or indie games theres still a huge spectrum of games in between with some real gems, be they hidden or more well known.
Pear into Peaches!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U has now lost another exclusive to Switch (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE).
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers