• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U has now lost another exclusive to Switch (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE).

User Info: Bloodychess

Bloodychess
1 month ago#41
It's 2019, who cares
"Everyone attack." - The man in the back
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: yoshitora7

yoshitora7
1 month ago#42
I'm pretty the following will get a enhanced Switch port soon or next year

-Super Mario 3D World (more people need to play this one)
-Xenoblade Chronicles X
-Wonderful 101
-Pikmin 3

User Info: Abigloser

Abigloser
1 month ago#43
Wait what's the point in comparing switch vs Wii u exclusives? Especially because of how subjective the quality of a game is.

User Info: Dark_SilverX

Dark_SilverX
1 month ago#44
You might as well count Smash Bros since Ultimate destroys the Wii U game.
I support Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.
don't compare games to feces -- if you've an opinion worth mentioning, do so civilly

User Info: torey_caylor

torey_caylor
1 month ago#45
This was the last game i expected them to port. But i'm satisfied. If they're willing to bring this over, that means there's still a chance for Fatal Frame 5

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#46
torey_caylor posted...
This was the last game i expected them to port. But i'm satisfied. If they're willing to bring this over, that means there's still a chance for Fatal Frame 5
I have to admit that'd be good, so that more people will play it. It's a great game, one of my favourites. Just hope they do a better advertising campaign then last time. Also, it would be a great excuse to port over all the rest of the series, and finally give 4 a western release.
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
1 month ago#47
dont care, i still want it for wu.
VG collector, professional 3d erotica creator, phd in zombie folklore, a girl.
a dead smurf has more sense of humor than a gamefaqs mod and admin.

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#48
Im willing to buy some of those ports again, just not all of them.
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Nintendo Switch system, Playstation 5

User Info: Master_Magnus

Master_Magnus
4 weeks ago#49
jimi_dini posted...
ArcFan10000 posted...
I dont care if the Wii U loses all its exclusives, its already lost alot, but if it extends the switch library so be it. It doesnt make me hate the Wii U.
Some of the Wii U ports to Switch im willing to buy again.

Yes.
What's funny is that I will still be playing on the Wii U, when all Switch's are unplayable thanks to non-user-replaceable battery.

I actually feel sad for Switch owners. If I would own one, I would want new games, and not 10+ year old games. But it makes some sense, I mean PS4 also has tons of old game ports (thanks to also no backward compatibility at all).

Just imagine Switch having backward compatibility - like the Wii U - Switch owners would not scream that they got another downgraded Wii U port, because literally everything would have been playable DAY 1 - just like on the Wii U - without any downgrades. And it would be playable using the low cost Wii U controllers that still work, and are not broken like the Switch standard controller.

Imagine Wii U threads existing saying "Wii lost all of these exclusives, because all of the Wii games work perfectly fine on Wii U".

This actually makes me think - didn't the Wii U play literally every single Wii game? Yes. So did every single perfectly backward compatible console "lose the exclusive status" of all predecessor games? Yes, in a way? But it seems no one treats it like that, although these ports are way worse, because they will charge full price once again, while you can get the original release for dirt cheap.

Backwards compatibility is not the same as ports. Backwards compatibility doesn't screw early adopters like Deluxe ports do.

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
4 weeks ago#50
As someone who loves his Wii U and TMS #FE, this is good news for me. Not only do I have to search in the wide open world for a clean copy of that game...I can experience it (again) anywhere I go.

Now, the only Wii U game I have left to buy it Yoshi's Woolly World. It's one of my favorite Yoshi games and I'd love to play it again, especially since Crafted World is an ultra disaster for me. I want to see this game on the Switch, but I find it unlikely...which is sad because that game has pretty much everything that Crafted World missed out on.
"I will never buy a Yoshi game without actual challenge, lasting charm, and good gameplay ever again." -My feedback on Yoshi's Crafted World survey
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U has now lost another exclusive to Switch (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE).
  • Post New Message