• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U has now lost another exclusive to Switch (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE).

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
1 month ago#21
ArcFan10000 posted...
I dont care if the Wii U loses all its exclusives, its already lost alot, but if it extends the switch library so be it. It doesnt make me hate the Wii U.
Some of the Wii U ports to Switch im willing to buy again.

Yes.
What's funny is that I will still be playing on the Wii U, when all Switch's are unplayable thanks to non-user-replaceable battery.

I actually feel sad for Switch owners. If I would own one, I would want new games, and not 10+ year old games. But it makes some sense, I mean PS4 also has tons of old game ports (thanks to also no backward compatibility at all).

Just imagine Switch having backward compatibility - like the Wii U - Switch owners would not scream that they got another downgraded Wii U port, because literally everything would have been playable DAY 1 - just like on the Wii U - without any downgrades. And it would be playable using the low cost Wii U controllers that still work, and are not broken like the Switch standard controller.

Imagine Wii U threads existing saying "Wii lost all of these exclusives, because all of the Wii games work perfectly fine on Wii U".

This actually makes me think - didn't the Wii U play literally every single Wii game? Yes. So did every single perfectly backward compatible console "lose the exclusive status" of all predecessor games? Yes, in a way? But it seems no one treats it like that, although these ports are way worse, because they will charge full price once again, while you can get the original release for dirt cheap.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#22
How hard is it to replace a Switch battery on your own? 😬

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#23
EvilResident posted...
How hard is it to replace a Switch battery on your own? 😬

Not at all. It’s like 8 screws to get the back off and the battery just uses a small connector.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: Tenchi UK

Tenchi UK
1 month ago#24
jimi_dini posted...
I'm sure they will now censor it everywhere.
Good luck with the censored version.
Il will continue playing my uncensored Japanese version.

you seemed fine with the censored content back when the game was released in the west on wiiu citing it as "pedo/hebe" content what happened which suddenly changed that stance.

jimi_dini posted...
What's funny is that the Wii U had tons of actual new and exclusive games.

as does the switch, a game doesnt phase out of existance because you are not interested in it. even recently games like astral chain, 3 houses and mario maker 2 are still being enjoyed by players and there are people looking forward to the likes of luigis mansion 3, the full remake of links awakening, animal crossing, and DQXIs (it has quite a bit of extras including a 2d mode the west never got)

even ports are fine, there are those that may have missed out on a game or are fine with double dipping for handheld play. and its not like the wiiu version is suddenly erased.

jimi_dini posted...
It's so sad.

what is sad is that it appears you are still hung up on the wiiu's failure, if you still get enjoyment out of it then why would it matter that the switch gets the games, if anything its a net gain since it means more people would be able to enjoy these games.

as mentioned before you are in the same position that people who disliked the direction nintendo went with the wiiu and wii, a new system has come out and you arent a fan of the direction they are going, whether or not you accept that a system is not for you and move on or continue to post long posts about why you dislike the switch is up to you.

even though i love the switch i dont regret buying my wiiu for one moment. and if a game i enoyed on the system is ported then its not going to suddenly erase all the good memories i had with the wiiu version.
Pear into Peaches!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: sull56ivan2010

sull56ivan2010
1 month ago#25
Go outside, jimi.
Nintendo and PC fanboys hate it when gamers play more than their games
Patriots fans: The most spoiled insecure bandwagon ever. Worse than Philadelphia fans

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#26
Jimi is crazy. Switch has way better exclusives than the Wii U did in a much shorter time period of time too.

Stuff like:

-Super Mario Odyssey
-Super Smash Bros Ultimate
-Astral Chain
-Fire Emblem Three Houses
-Mario + Rabbids
-Splatoon 2
-ARMS
-Xenoblade 2
-Super Mario Maker 2
-Yoshi’s Crafted World
-Kirby Star Allies
-Super Mario Party
-Cadence of Hyrule

That’s a better library of exclusives for the Switch in 2.5 years than the Wii U had in 4+ years.

There’s more coming soon too, like Luigi’s Mansion 3, Pokemon Sword / Shield and Animal Crossing.

When you add in the fact that the Switch has a ton of third party support plus most of the Wii U’s best games, it becomes really laughable to argue that the Wii U is better in any way, let alone that it had more exclusives.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
1 month ago#27
Was it good? I always meant to get it, but never got around to it.
2DS FC tempest 1478 9807 1205

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#28
Lil_Bit83 posted...
Was it good? I always meant to get it, but never got around to it.

It’s a great game, very similar to the Persona series
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#29
jimi_dini posted...
What's funny is that the Wii U had tons of actual new and exclusive games.
Switch is primarily getting Nintendo ports and that's it.

Is this guy serious? The Switch already has better 1st party exclusives than the Wii U had during its entire lifespan.
"When he at the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
NS FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#30
TheRushDawg posted...
Jimi is crazy. Switch has way better exclusives than the Wii U did in a much shorter time period of time too.

Stuff like:

-Super Mario Odyssey
-Super Smash Bros Ultimate
-Astral Chain
-Fire Emblem Three Houses
-Mario + Rabbids
-Splatoon 2
-ARMS
-Xenoblade 2
-Super Mario Maker 2
-Yoshi’s Crafted World
-Kirby Star Allies
-Super Mario Party
-Cadence of Hyrule

That’s a better library of exclusives for the Switch in 2.5 years than the Wii U had in 4+ years.

There’s more coming soon too, like Luigi’s Mansion 3, Pokemon Sword / Shield and Animal Crossing.

When you add in the fact that the Switch has a ton of third party support plus most of the Wii U’s best games, it becomes really laughable to argue that the Wii U is better in any way, let alone that it had more exclusives.

I'd personally add Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and Mario Tennis Tennis Aces to that list. Not only is the Switch getting nearly all of the Wii U's best games, but it's getting superior versions.
"When he at the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
NS FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U has now lost another exclusive to Switch (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE).
  • Post New Message