• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U has now lost another exclusive to Switch (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE).

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#11
TheRushDawg posted...
You prove yourself wrong in your own post. Breath of the Wild was in-development to be a Wii U exclusive and lost its exclusivity during the development process. It isn’t the same as a finished exclusive game that gets ported, but it is still a type of lost exclusive.

I don't care if it was Wii U exclusive during development. Both versions released on the same day. It was never a Wii U exclusive at release.

"When he at the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
NS FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#12
Vegeta1000 posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
You prove yourself wrong in your own post. Breath of the Wild was in-development to be a Wii U exclusive and lost its exclusivity during the development process. It isn’t the same as a finished exclusive game that gets ported, but it is still a type of lost exclusive.

I don't care if it was Wii U exclusive during development. Both versions released on the same day. It was never a Wii U exclusive at release.

No, not at release, but it existed as a Wii U exclusive during development for some time. It is 100% fair to say that Wii U lost its exclusive Zelda title, even if it never had an exclusive Zelda title released for it (not counting Hyrule Warriors of course).
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#13
TheRushDawg posted...
No, not at release, but it existed as a Wii U exclusive during development for some time. It is 100% fair to say that Wii U lost its exclusive Zelda title, even if it never had an exclusive Zelda title released for it (not counting Hyrule Warriors of course).

Regardless, it doesn't help the Wii U's case at all. It's the only Nintendo system (excluding the Virtual Boy) to never receive an exclusive mainline Zelda.
"When he at the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
NS FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#14
Vegeta1000 posted...
TheRushDawg posted...

Regardless, it doesn't help the Wii U's case at all. It's the only Nintendo system (excluding the Virtual Boy) to never receive an exclusive mainline Zelda.

The Switch doesn’t have one yet. As was pointed out, it shares BOTW with the WiiU. I mean, the game is coming, but BOTW was supposed to launch like three years before it did on WiiU so take the sequel announcement for what it’s worth.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#15
I'm somewhat happy about this. While I'd rather play it on the Wii U really, the fact I'll have the ability to play it on the go is great as being restricted to only playing it at home would make it a huge investment of time. It also means I don't have to worry about how hard it is to find in the wild.

Also not everyone is in the US. In PAL regions we got a physical copy of Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water. I love it being exclusive, and that I played it on the Wii U, but I really hope it does get ported (along with all the rest of that series), as more people need to play it.
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#16
I dont care if the Wii U loses all its exclusives, its already lost alot, but if it extends the switch library so be it. It doesnt make me hate the Wii U.
Some of the Wii U ports to Switch im willing to buy again.
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#17
It wasn't a Wii U game, but I will probably buy Xenoblade Chronicles again for Switch.

If also consider buying Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water again too if it got ported.
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
1 month ago#18
Okay and? People port games to newer systems all the time.
2DS FC tempest 1478 9807 1205
That's one of the major reasons to keep your Wii U IMO; at least I can finish it on go. It's worth double dipping.
PSN: Handsomistic1 NNID: Handsomistic15
3DS FC: 2767-1438-6425

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
1 month ago#20
Oliver_Oliver posted...
Wii U has now lost another exclusive to Switch (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE).

I'm sure they will now censor it everywhere.
Good luck with the censored version.
Il will continue playing my uncensored Japanese version.

2) Super Mario Maker .... both ported to 3DS.

Pointless, because Super Mario Maker on 3DS is incapable of uploading levels.
And without all the user generated levels from the Wii U, the 3DS would have no levels.

Also, 1) Lego City Undercover

Was built around gamepad.

2) Zombie U... both ported to other consoles.

Was also built around gamepad and also lost other features on the way.
I feel sorry for anyone playing the botched port job Zombi

Which other games do you think will be next?

What's funny is that the Wii U had tons of actual new and exclusive games.
Switch is primarily getting Nintendo ports and that's it.

And people said that Wii U had no games, although in reality it had tons of exclusives.
And the same people say that the Switch would be such a success, although it gets tons of Nintendo Wii / Wii U ports, while the Wii U got like 2 Nintendo ports.
It's as if this was clown world.

It's so sad.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U has now lost another exclusive to Switch (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE).
  • Post New Message