• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. PSA: Credit Cards will no longer be accepted for WiiU eShop starting September

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#11
It looks like that link in the first post already explains the workaround. Panic over.

Jimi_dini get a clue.
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

User Info: SunbladeX-1

SunbladeX-1
1 month ago#12
jimi_dini posted...
SunbladeX-1 posted...
So basically you need now to add money directly from your account?

You have to either:
Buy overpriced point cards (tons of scams regarding those online)

Or go here:
https://ec.nintendo.com/my/balance_add

And then add 10, 20 or whatever worthless EU-bucks to your account.
No, you can't pay the exact price anymore.
Now it's even worse than on PS3.

Thanks EU.
I hope you will rot in hell very soon.

EU with their trash laws strikes again! Although I do wonder why can they not update the payment system especially for the 3ds or is the switch also affected?

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#13
I suppose you morons like war and division between nations? take your ignorance to the political threads on gamefaqs and keep them out of here. there's a work around which is easy. PANIC OVER.
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

User Info: SunbladeX-1

SunbladeX-1
1 month ago#14
darthcorpse posted...
I suppose you morons like war and division between nations? take your ignorance to the political threads on gamefaqs and keep them out of here. there's a work around which is easy. PANIC OVER.

I could care less about political childish games. We were discussing stuff having to do with games who apparently the EU is responsibly for and let me remind you we are posting on a gaming site.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
1 month ago#15
darthcorpse posted...
I suppose you morons like war and division between nations?

If there is war in Europe (and in fact there is - Ukraine), then the reason why that is is the EU. Educate yourself on what happened re: Ukraine.

The Euro currency is a failure and f***s up all countries. Italy, Greece etc. can't devalue, because its not their currency. Germany and such can't do the opposite because it's also not their currency.
Result: tons of people especially youth without jobs.

Educate yourself what happened 100 years ago.
I don't want the same crap happen once again. So the EU needs to die.
The EU is also factually a dictatorship. The people actually in charge are not elected.

What did your hero (drunken) "Juncker" literally say:

"We decide on something, leave it lying around and wait and see what happens. If no one kicks up a fuss, because most people don't understand what has been decided, we continue step by step until there is no turning back."

Yes, that doesn't sound suspicious at all.
Educate yourself on the founders of the EU and what their plans for the future of Europe were.

Also look up the "human rights" declared by the EU. I will help you, because it seems you wouldn't be able to figure it out.

https://www.osce.org/odihr/184581?download=true

Extract from the European Convention for the Protection of
Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms of 4 November 1950:

Article 2
1. Everyone’s right to life shall be protected by law.

2. Deprivation of life shall not be regarded as inflicted in contravention of this article
when it results from the use of force which is no more than absolutely necessary
:
a. in defence of any person from unlawful violence;
b. in order to effect a lawful arrest or to prevent the escape of a person lawfully
detained;
c. in action lawfully taken for the purpose of quelling a riot or insurrection.

Yes, what a great EU that is.
Reintroduced the literal DEATH PENALTY for quelling riots.

I'm sure fascist Macron will love this.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
1 month ago#16
SunbladeX-1 posted...
EU with their trash laws strikes again! Although I do wonder why can they not update the payment system especially for the 3ds or is the switch also affected?

The silly thing is that they REQUIRE you to enter a second PIN for each transaction (or even use biometrics, which is absolutely silly because biometrics are not secrets). Yes, TANs on paper are even explicitly forbidden, although they are actually 100% safe and do not require unsafe communcation paths.

You need to get that PIN either via smart phone (which are easily hacked, and SMS communication IS NOT SAFE) or by logging in to your bank to get a PIN (which you now also need a TAN, which you again get via smart phone - not safe - or by using your banking card and a chip TAN generator, which takes precious time just for logging in).

Nintendo would have to build a way to enter that PIN into their systems, and of course that would have a cost for development + testing, which is why Nintendo simply stops it from working.

The bloody EU could have also made it so that you need to sign off on credit card transactions, which would have made it possible to simply keep stuff like this as it is. But nope. And it's silly regardless, because we are talking about typically 1-15 bucks transactions here. Why even bother. Just to buy a small game for less than 1 Euro-buck, I will have to waste at least 5-10 minutes now, jumping through hoops.

Oh right, while at the same time banking is PUSHING wireless payments (absolutely unsafe) and you can't even opt out of it. Yes, get near enough a credit card and you can get 20 bucks without a PIN or anything even required at all. And once more: you can not opt out of that.

If the EU was actually interested in secure payments, they wouldn't allow this s*** at all.
Or well, why not allow people to finally disable payments coming in from certain countries? I only use my credit card in 3 countries in total. I want to ban its usage anywhere else. But no, this would make actually sense and would be customer friendly, can't have that.

For their website, I'm pretty sure it will be done by the VISA auth page and Nintendo won't have to do anything to make it work.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
1 month ago#17
only affects the uk? nothing of value was lost then.
i hate the "add set amoung of money" system.
VG collector, professional 3d erotica creator, phd in zombie folklore, a girl.
a dead smurf has more sense of humor than a gamefaqs mod and admin.

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
1 month ago#18
jimi_dini posted...

If there is war in Europe (and in fact there is - Ukraine), then the reason why that is is the EU. Educate yourself on what happened re: Ukraine.

A video for anyone not aware and wants an easy way to gain knowledge on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb9U1uoYCOc
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. PSA: Credit Cards will no longer be accepted for WiiU eShop starting September
  • Post New Message