• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I've had my Wii U for 5 years now.

User Info: xxdudeyy

xxdudeyy
3 weeks ago#1
It still works in perfect condition to this day.

This makes me wonder if anyone else has had a Wii U for this long or even longer and they still work. For those that didn't. How long did they last before they started to not work like the fan on the back stops moving and such?

My Wii U is the 32gb Black premium version btw, if that is a contributing factor in this.
Gday

User Info: ColorBattle

ColorBattle
3 weeks ago#2
I've owned mine, and a second one, since 2013. If you take good care of your consoles and keep them free from dust, they'll last a good while. Of course, there's no preparing for sudden errors that are out of your control. As long as there aren't any issues with the internal memory....I expect mine to continue to last.

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
3 weeks ago#3
I’ve had mine since 2013. It’s also the black 32gb model. Still works perfect to this day, and I use it pretty regularly!
Upcoming: Gears 5, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing: New Horizons

User Info: BrianCraigSmith

BrianCraigSmith
3 weeks ago#4
I got my 8GB Wii U in December 2013; other than getting the GamePad repaired last year, it works fine. I use a 1TB external hard drive.
PSN: Handsomistic1 NNID: Handsomistic15
3DS FC: 2767-1438-6425

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
3 weeks ago#5
I got mine in early 2015. I’ve had a couple issues with dirt getting in the left thumb stick of the gamepad but otherwise it’s been perfectly fine.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

User Info: tylerghost93

tylerghost93
3 weeks ago#6
I think mine is around 4 years old and it's fine.

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
3 weeks ago#7
I've got the 2012 launch 8 GB Wii U and it is still playing just fine. I did get the gamepad screen repaired once over the years after it was knocked to the floor and cracked. Also I've purchased replacement thumb sticks for the gamepad and replaced them myself, but other than that. No issues.

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
3 weeks ago#8
I think it was 2013 when I got mine. Still absolutely love it.
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
1 week ago#9
I would be surprised if Wii Us started failing left and right, because Wii U was the last actual Nintendo-made console and Iwata was in control, so there was proper quality assurance.

My 2 Wii Us work perfectly fine. Controllers also still work fine, every single one of them, although my DS3 controllers failed years ago.

Pro-Tip: get used Pro controllers for Wii U from Japan. Quite cheap and they are like new.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: Tenchi UK

Tenchi UK
1 week ago#10
jimi_dini posted...
I would be surprised if Wii Us started failing left and right, because Wii U was the last actual Nintendo-made console and Iwata was in control, so there was proper quality assurance.

My 2 Wii Us work perfectly fine. Controllers also still work fine, every single one of them, although my DS3 controllers failed years ago.

Pro-Tip: get used Pro controllers for Wii U from Japan. Quite cheap and they are like new.

it can happen to any console really though for my the only console i had fail on my was the 360 (RROD), my wiiu is still going strong though the charger for the gamepad became frayed, my ps3 is still working fine after 10 years and a lot of travel.

some systems do have some kinks at launch though, like the dead pixel issue with old DS systems, the joycon drift issue, the aforementioned RROD though a lot of those issues were ironed out in hardware revisions (the many DS and 3ds systems, the assorted slim models etc)
Pear into Peaches!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I've had my Wii U for 5 years now.
  • Post New Message