• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your gaming day 6?

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
2 months ago#31
Timinatron posted...
Detective Pikachu.

is that on 3DS @Timinatron ?
Most recent acquisition Soul Calibur VI Next game in my sights Gears 5

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
2 months ago#32
Sorry to hear that @Nodrog77 !

@Timinatron I really wanted to see that movie, but I was waiting til it was close to the end of its showing in the cinema, because that usually means it'll be less crowded. But the cinema silently stopped showing it at night (usually there is a warning in the website that it's your last chance to see something) and started showing it during the day, when it was impossible for me to go. Really irritating!
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

Nodrog77
2 months ago#33
darthcorpse posted...

Thanx @darthcorpse It's just like..I can only start so many games w/o finishing them before I don't want 2 play any more. I have close to 200 games in my backlog..

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
2 months ago#34
Nodrog77 posted...
Timinatron posted...
Detective Pikachu.

is that on 3DS @Timinatron ?

Yeah it’s a 3DS game @Nodrog77

darthcorpse posted...

@Timinatron I really wanted to see that movie, but I was waiting til it was close to the end of its showing in the cinema, because that usually means it'll be less crowded. But the cinema silently stopped showing it at night (usually there is a warning in the website that it's your last chance to see something) and started showing it during the day, when it was impossible for me to go. Really irritating!

I waited until it was at Redbox to rent it. Do they have Redbox across the pond? Probably not...it’s basically a machine you can rent dvds/blu-rays/games from for a buck or two and return them the next day to any other machine. They have em all over and it’s pretty convenient. I use it to watch movies that I skipped at the theater, lol
Upcoming: Gears 5, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing: New Horizons

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
2 months ago#35
@Nodrog77 sorry to hear that, and I can identify. It's why I have embarked on a quest to go through my backlog one by one (more or less) and even eventually sell some games before I get any more full priced ones (unless time is an issue), or a Switch. It's slow, and I am sure I won't need to finish all of them, but it is rewarding, and somewhat less overwhelming than looking at the whole backlog and than giving up and not playing anything because I can't decide.

@Timinatron we might have a similar thing called lovefilm over here, though as I haven't heard anyone mention it for years, it may have died out. We typically raid charity shops for movies, and then return them when we have seen them, which is fun, but of course you sometimes don't see particular movies there for a while. It is fun hunting them down though.
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
2 months ago#36
I have a large backlog, but not at 200 games. It’s focusing on which ones do I really want to play right now. I also categorize my Steam library to help check off which games I’ve played, which are games I’m never going to play, which are unending (like board games), etc. And it’s also sometimes reassuring the wife that I shouldn’t sell a physical game because I will play it someday. Or play it again someday. Or someday the kids might want to play it. Or…

Got through my next missions in Shadow Dragon and Valkyria Chronicles.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Timinatron
2 months ago#37
As far as backlogs go, I just can’t let mine build up again. That’s why I focus on a game at a time. I found that it can get out of control pretty quickly. Are there games right now that I want to buy? Yes. But I won’t let myself lol. I know it’ll become a problem again for me. And I hate leaving games unfinished. I have major OCD when it comes to that.
Upcoming: Gears 5, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing: New Horizons
(edited 2 months ago)

Nodrog77
2 months ago#38
Played some NBA Playgrounds 2 this morning...won my 12th reg. season game w/ Charlotte Hornets-3 games till playoffs..won the 1st round w/ Boston Celtics of the playoffs..

Nodrog77
1 month ago#39
Nodrog77 posted...
darthcorpse posted...

Thanx @darthcorpse It's just like..I can only start so many games w/o finishing them before I don't want 2 play any more. I have close to 200 games in my backlog..

a lot of those 200 are Xbox One games w/ gold that I never started but you guys get the point. I finish very few games. Right now I'm looking 4ward2 Gears 5 more than any game..I know @Timinatron can relate. Timinatron, R U buying Gears 5?
(edited 1 month ago)

Timinatron
1 month ago#40
Nodrog77 posted...
Nodrog77 posted...
darthcorpse posted...

a lot of those 200 are Xbox One games w/ gold that I never started but you guys get the point. I finish very few games. Right now I'm looking 4ward2 Gears 5 more than any game..I know @Timinatron can relate. Timinatron, R U buying Gears 5?

Oh yeah @Nodrog77 , day one!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your gaming day 6?
  • Post New Message