• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your gaming day 6?

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#231
Im glad i own Sonic Forces and Mario Odyssee on the Switch.
So i have a Mario and Sonic game to play on it.
I guess you can say i like platformers.
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Nintendo Switch system, Playstation 5

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#232
Been off on video games lately. Only been playing NBA Playgrounds 2-wanna play some Kirby today..knees are still too screwed up to sit up in front of the TV & play Gears 5 or Soul Calibur VI.
Now Playing-
Gears 5, Kirby Star Allies, Gears Ultimate, Gears Judgement

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#233
@Nodrog77 get better soon man, it must really suck being in that position!

Sounds like everyone's doing ok for the most part. Don't be shy to update these threads, it's always nice to hear the positive stuff in all of your gaming!

@Em_meh , I can understand if you wanna wait for Xenoblade on the Switch, it makes sense! As I've got new game plus on the Wii, I will play that version again first though. Actually I could see some benefit in finishing it on Wii first, because the Switch one has new stuff, and for me it will be extra cool to see that stuff knowing it's new. But I get it...the Switch will make it easier as it allows for on the go gaming.

About Link's Awakening...that's cool to hear I have made it through most of the game @Timinatron , so maybe I will just finish it, but I do need to refresh my memory on the beginning half too probably. I also can't wait to play the Switch version, it looks so beautiful! I love the art style.

I just had a good bit of progress in FFV. I beat Exdeat and am back in my own world again. The tower I had to beat him in was quite long, though not unfair like FFIII's last area. The battle was challenging...He zombified my healer and another character, and nearly killed my whole party, but managed to recover from that and just kept whittling away at his health.

However, I'm not yet out of the woods. Something is still going on, and I need to investigate it! I'm at 34 hours now, so still a little ways to go.

Also I got a lead on a Switch. A colleague may be willing to sell me one as he has an extra. He said he would charge me full price for it, despite it being new. So I will take him up on that soon probably. I doubt I'll get many games for it yet, maybe Monster Hunter to start.
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
1 month ago#234
My friend came over last night so we played Golf with your Friends. Then today he bought Magicka and we played through the first couple levels together as I already had it. Also played a couple rounds of Smash Bros and I finished leveling up most of my units to Elite in Valkyria.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#235
Finally played a nonNBA game, played some Kirby Star Allies & really enjoyed it-got both hidden items on the stage..now I'm planning on resuming the Gears 5 tutorial as my knees are better & I'm not in as much discomfort. What's everybody playing? @TC2Kevin @Timinatron @darthcorpse @ArcFan10000 @Em_meh @BrianCraigSmith
Now Playing-
Gears 5, Kirby Star Allies, Gears Ultimate, Gears Judgement

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 month ago#236
Nodrog77 posted...
Finally played a nonNBA game, played some Kirby Star Allies & really enjoyed it-got both hidden items on the stage..now I'm planning on resuming the Gears 5 tutorial as my knees are better & I'm not in as much discomfort. What's everybody playing? @TC2Kevin @Timinatron @darthcorpse @ArcFan10000 @Em_meh @BrianCraigSmith

Not playing anything today I don’t think! I’m at a wedding shower actually. But man I’m counting the days for Link’s Awakening! Only 5 more to go!
Upcoming: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Mario Kart Tour, Luigi's Mansion 3, Doom Eternal, Ori and the Will of Wisps, Animal Crossing: New Horizons

darthcorpse
1 month ago#237
Haven't played anything today. I did take a look at games at Computer Exchange and Game today, the latter has had fun stuff in the bargain bin, such as a strategy guide for Metroid 2: Samus Returns for 3DS, for when I get it, and a book with some Atari history in it. Today no such luck, but I could see how little the former (CeX) is going to pay me for old games compared to what they sell them for (great example: Metroid Prime for GameCube goes for £15, however they will only pay me £4 for it). So looks like I'm going to eBay them instead. But it's a pain so I may change my mind. Just seems ridiculous to get less than a third of their worth. However money isn't the big thing here...It's mostly about freeing up space for games I really want to keep as well as saving time. So I may still do it...

Glad you're feeling better @Nodrog77 !

Have fun at the wedding @Timinatron !

@TC2Kevin gaming with friends is the best! Hope you had fun.

Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Em_meh

Em_meh
1 month ago#238
@Nodrog77 Aha thanks, mystery solved :D. Glad you're enjoying SA. Might pick it up at some point later down the line. Too much to play at the mo! Glad you're feeling a bit better today too.

Yeah, @Timinatron , I'm glad they waited for that as it's nice to have everything on the cart. Hope you enjoy it on PC when you get to it. Held off so long to get it on Switch. What are you working on just now? Enjoy wedding. Friday is so soon now for LA :D!

@BrianCraigSmith how's river city girls? I am quite interested in it after seeing a few gameplay videos.

@darthcorpse that's exciting you may get a switch soon :)

Not played much today as had work to do sadly. But looking forward to Zelda on Fri!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Em_meh

Em_meh
1 month ago#239
@darthcorpse CEX really suck with their trade in prices. I feel sorry for parents I see in there trading in systems and getting barely anything back. They also often sell second hand games for more expensive than new ones! I occasionally find some good deals but you have to know what you're looking for.
(edited 1 month ago)

darthcorpse
1 month ago#240
River City Girls looks cool. It's nice that years later a sequel to such a well regarded game has happened. It's an interesting time in the game industry!
I didn't play much of the original, but I know how loved it is.

Yeah CeX takes the mickey alright. I understand they need to make a profit, but it just seems silly. But then again so does depending on eBay buyers to bid enough to make it worthwhile plus having to run to the post office loads of times! Tough choice, I may just go with convenience because money isn't really the biggest issue here. I mean, if I had something seriously valuable to get rid of, that would be different, but I decided to keep my slightly more pricey games (Skies of Arcadia and XC) for now.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your gaming day 6?
  • Topic Closed