• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Where does the Wii U fall in line when U list your favorite video game systems..

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#1
of all time?

1)Xbox One
2)Wii U
3)Dreamcast
4)GCN
5)Xbox
6)SNES
7)N64
8)PSX
9)Switch
10)GBA
11)3DS
Most recent acquisition Soul Calibur VI Next game in my sights Gears 5

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#2
1) Super Nintendo
2) Sega Genesis
3) Gameboy Advance
4) Nintendo Entertainment System
5) Nintendo DS
6) Playstation 4
7) Playstation 2
8) Xbox One
9) Wii U
10) Nintendo Switch

A hard list to make but that's what I came up with. :)
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: tylerghost93

tylerghost93
1 month ago#3
ArcFan10000 posted...
1) Super Nintendo
2) Sega Genesis
3) Gameboy Advance
4) Nintendo Entertainment System
5) Nintendo DS
6) Playstation 4
7) Playstation 2
8) Xbox One
9) Wii U
10) Nintendo Switch

A hard list to make but that's what I came up with. :)

It'd be near the bottom but above Switch and original Wii so I guess like this guy's list but with PS4 and PS2 closer to the top.

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 month ago#4
Hmm, this is tough because the virtual console is a huge advantage the Wii U and 3DS have over some of the older consoles...being able to play new and old games is a huge plus for me. I’m just gonna name my top 5 I guess:

1) N64: purely for nostalgia, this had some of my favorite games of all time. The console I grew up with.
2) Wii U: great first party games and the ability to play NES, SNES, N64, GBA, DS and Wii games.
3) 3DS: same reasons basically as the Wii U. Great VC service in which you can play NES, SNES, GB, GBC games, and is backwards compatible with DS games.
4) Xbox One: not a stellar first party lineup, but the ability to play most of the big Xbox and Xbox 360 games as a bonus pushes it over the previous Xbox consoles in my eyes.
5) PS4: I sold my PS4, but in the year that I owned it I played the crap out of the exclusives it has. And it definitely has some great ones. Unfortunately it has no backwards compatibility and I play multiplats on Xbox as I just like it more than PS4. So once I was done with the exclusives I sold it. Still a great console though.

I also own or have owned a NES (and NES mini), SNES mini, Sega Genesis, GCN, GBA SP, Wii, DS Lite, PSOne, PS2, Xbox and X360...but the newer consoles being able to play those old games plus new ones just puts them over the top for me. The exception is the N64 though simply because of all the fond memories I have for it. Now if we’re going purely off of what games are available for a specific console, my top five would probably look pretty different.
Upcoming: Gears 5, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing: New Horizons
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
1 month ago#5
1) Super Nintendo Entertainment System
2) Nintendo 3DS
3) Nintendo Game Cube
4) Nintendo Wii U
5) Nintendo 64
6) PlayStation 2
7) Nintendo Wii
8) Nintendo Switch
9) PlayStation 3
10) Xbox 360

Number 4.
"I will never buy a Yoshi game without actual challenge, lasting charm, and good gameplay ever again." -My feedback on Yoshi's Crafted World survey

User Info: SwadeDBFan2

SwadeDBFan2
1 month ago#6
Wii u is in top 5 just behind the switch.
Baby vegeta is the best dragon ball villan of all time

User Info: darkone778

darkone778
1 month ago#7
1. PS2
2. Wii U
3. Switch
4. PS3
5. Vita
6. Xbox 360
7. PS4
Good or evil which side will you chose? Or will you make your own?

User Info: crs1989

crs1989
1 month ago#8
It is probably number two right behind the Switch.

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#9
It's pretty high on the list for me. It's my only HD system so far, and I have had tonnes of fun playing it.
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

User Info: Ballermann2D

Ballermann2D
4 weeks ago#10
Really hard to make a fair ranking as all systems have their own strengths and weaknesses, but it's easily one of my favorite gaming systems along with Dreamcast, N64, Amiga 500, Game Boy and GBA
was Dreamcast a PlayStation?
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Where does the Wii U fall in line when U list your favorite video game systems..
  • Post New Message