• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Should I get 8gb Wii U or 32gb Wii U need a quick answer

User Info: yahya_no1

yahya_no1
1 month ago#11
8 GB is not really 8GB, same with 32 GB, Nintendo flat out lies with that.

the WiiU takes around 3 GB of storage, you are realy left with 5 GB or less, with the 32GB it doesn't matter as you already have like 28 GB, but 5 GB is sad

Anyway answer to your question is the Black, the more space the WiiU has the better it runs I find
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Video_G_JRPG

Video_G_JRPG
1 month ago#12
Too late I already got the white one I've a USB 32gb drive I was thinking of plugging into it that should solve any other space problems I might have
Visit my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2HLcjMhyys2zymHqPT7JIQ
Click the about section and chat on facebook, tweet me and much more

User Info: MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola
1 month ago#13
Video_G_JRPG posted...
Too late I already got the white one I've a USB 32gb drive I was thinking of plugging into it that should solve any other space problems I might have

Only 32gb? Might as well buy a nice 500gb external HDD for when the Wii U enviably kills your USB stick.
"GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site." ~ CJayC

User Info: ColorBattle

ColorBattle
1 month ago#14
Video_G_JRPG posted...

Straight up-- you shouldn't be using USB flash drives to run games on this system. Doing this will wear out the flash drive and end up leaving it unusable. Nintendo themselves specifically advised not to use USB flash drives for storage on this console. I know a friend who paid the warning no mind....and lost well over a 110 hours of progress in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate as well as everything else downloaded to the flash drive,, including DLC to other games (thankfully, eshop games and content can be re-downloaded). Do not use a flash drive. As recommended above, get an external drive for your Wii U.

It's something I'll consider doing myself, even if just to back up my console save data.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: yahya_no1

yahya_no1
1 month ago#15
Video_G_JRPG posted...

I got the white one and runs fine, but the low space sucks and 32 GB is like 5 $ now, go buy a 128 GB USB, i got one for 20$ last week

User Info: darkone778

darkone778
1 month ago#16
MrCokeacola posted...
Video_G_JRPG posted...

Only 32gb? Might as well buy a nice 500gb external HDD for when the Wii U enviably kills your USB stick.

Agreed get a independently powered external HDD of some type as that USB stick will die it is not a question of if but a matter of when.
Good or evil which side will you chose? Or will you make your own?

Video_G_JRPG
1 month ago#17
darkone778 posted...
MrCokeacola posted...
Video_G_JRPG posted...

Agreed get a independently powered external HDD of some type as that USB stick will die it is not a question of if but a matter of when.

Really why is that? Like what's the science behind it that that won't work long term while an external harddrive will. At the moment I have all my saves and bits and pieces on the system memory and I have a 16gb flash drive in USB port 1. Now I was going to download the xenoblade X free loading packs onto the flash drive and if it breaks or corrupts so what? It's only load times that will be affected or am I being a dope. Don't know what to do
Visit my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2HLcjMhyys2zymHqPT7JIQ
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Fiyun

Fiyun
1 month ago#18
USB sticks aren't for heavy duty writings over and over unlike external hard drives.
"And my cat may have sucked, but he was the finest sucky cat on this god-forsaken rock!" - Borderlands http://www.backloggery.com/trashknight

User Info: CubeJunky

CubeJunky
1 week ago#19
I can't speak for every region or anywhere else other then where I live, but the white Wii U goes for higher prices then the black one, at local game stores and pawn shops, at least near me. I have a white one with a 500gb external HD hook up to it in my living room, and I also have black Wii U hooked up in my spare room, no HD on that one tho. My white on is my main one, cause like you I like the white one better aesthetically. While my other one is really just a Mario Kart 8 machine at this point, for when my wife or kids are using the big TV and I want to play on a bigger screen then what the gamepad has.
"Embrace the deception, learn how to bend, your worse inhibitions will psych you out in the end."

Video_G_JRPG
1 week ago#20
CubeJunky posted...
I can't speak for every region or anywhere else other then where I live, but the white Wii U goes for higher prices then the black one, at local game stores and pawn shops, at least near me. I have a white one with a 500gb external HD hook up to it in my living room, and I also have black Wii U hooked up in my spare room, no HD on that one tho. My white on is my main one, cause like you I like the white one better aesthetically. While my other one is really just a Mario Kart 8 machine at this point, for when my wife or kids are using the big TV and I want to play on a bigger screen then what the gamepad has.

Your absolutey right it is more expensive (usually) it was only in the last while (this year) that the White one started costing less. I've noticed white aesthetics always cost more. Black always cost less at least for ps4/3ds etc
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Should I get 8gb Wii U or 32gb Wii U need a quick answer
  • Post New Message