You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. thinking of getting a wii u at a pawn shop

User Info: Darkneo20

Darkneo20
4 weeks ago#1
i know when i bought xbox 360's there if the previous owner had downloaded games on the hard drive u could still play them even if u didnt know their account info

my question is can u do the same thing if a wii u has games downloaded to it ?? or do u have to know their actual account ?? i want a wii u for some wii games like the last story and xenoblade chronicles and xenoblade chronicles x and both mario galaxies
Core i5 6600k 16gigs Gskill Ripjaws 3000 ASUS GTX 1060 Turbo 6gig Asrock Fatality Z170 MB 240gig sandisc SSD WD Blue 2TB HDD XFX Modular 750watt

User Info: megamachopop

megamachopop
4 weeks ago#2
If the user didn't require a password to log into their account upon startup, you can play just fine.

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
4 weeks ago#3
Just make sure you can return it if you get it home and it don’t work properly

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
3 weeks ago#4
Go for it..
Now playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star, Super Paper Mario, NBA Playgrounds 2, Kirby SA..Future Switch games I'm looking forward to: Bayonetta 3, ACNH
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. thinking of getting a wii u at a pawn shop