You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How are Mario Kart Super Circuit and Mario Kart DS?

User Info: tylerghost93

tylerghost93
1 month ago#11
DS is amazing, Super Circuit is horrible. The Mario Kart games are some of my favorites ever but SC just feels off in every conceivable way.

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 month ago#12
tylerghost93 posted...
DS is amazing, Super Circuit is horrible. The Mario Kart games are some of my favorites ever but SC just feels off in every conceivable way.

Really? Wow, how so?
In Rust we Trust

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#13
tylerghost93 posted...

SC is a great GBA “grab n go” game

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
1 month ago#14
MKSC is Super Nintendo-style Mario Kart. It's going to feel retro, which some people might not appreciate. It's a great way to check out the roots of the series though (sans split-screen and DK Jr & Koopa Troopa from Super Mario Kart)
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

Timinatron
1 month ago#15
JonnyBoyFF posted...
MKSC is Super Nintendo-style Mario Kart. It's going to feel retro, which some people might not appreciate. It's a great way to check out the roots of the series though (sans split-screen and DK Jr & Koopa Troopa from Super Mario Kart)

Yeah I don’t mind it feeling retro, I like Super Mario Kart so it shouldn’t be a problem
In Rust we Trust

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#16
Timinatron posted...
JonnyBoyFF posted...

Yeah I don’t mind it feeling retro, I like Super Mario Kart so it shouldn’t be a problem

It's basically Super Mario Kart with twice as many tracks but little to do once you get 1st place in everything since it's not gonna have multiplayer. As long as you like Super and don't mind spending $8 on that I think you'll have a good time, but I understand why some find it unappealing.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: tylerghost93

tylerghost93
1 month ago#17
Timinatron posted...
tylerghost93 posted...

Really? Wow, how so?

I didn't realize this was still going. Extremely poor controls, compressed audio, no new weapons, "water color" kind of graphics that look horrible imo, no new racers, new tracks are cool but the controls are so bad you'll be bumping into things too much to notice. The arrow that appears for turns is also really annoying. How a racing game needs an arrow to tell people where to turn instead of the graphics being clear enough to see where the turns are is baffling.

I don't understand how people can compare SC to the original SNES game. The original game actually looks good, sounds good, and has tight controls. Just because SC vaguely looks like Super aesthetically and has some of the same tracks doesn't mean it plays anything at all like Super.

Obviously for $8 you can't really go wrong but god I hate this game. All the other ones are brilliant, especially Super and DS. Some of my best memories from college were from playing MK 64 drunk with a bunch of people.

User Info: MarioLinkNES

MarioLinkNES
3 weeks ago#18
DS is fantastic. I was not expecting much after how terrible Double Dash was, but DS is amazing.

Super Circuit is fun. Its very similar to the SNES one, but I don't think the controls are as smooth, but its still fun.
I own Tandy,2600,NES,NESv2,GB,SNES,GBC,N64,GBA,SP, NGC,DS,DSL,XL,Wii,3DS,3DSXL,WiiU,NS,SMS,SMS2,SG,SG2,GG, SCD,S32X,SS,SDC,PS1,PS2,PS3,PS4,XBox,360,XO and PC

Timinatron
3 weeks ago#19
I just downloaded and played the first five cups in MKSC. I definitely agree about the controls.

The game overall to me feels like SMK and MK64 had a lovechild, but an ugly one lol. It’s a fine game overall though, I don’t dislike it. Once I play the retro cups I’ll download MKDS so I can finally check that game out as well.
Upcoming: Gears 5, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Doom Eternal

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
3 weeks ago#20
If you'd like something similar but also quite different compared to MKSC, you might look into Konami Krazy Racers.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How are Mario Kart Super Circuit and Mario Kart DS?