You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How are Mario Kart Super Circuit and Mario Kart DS?

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 month ago#1
They’re the only two Mario Kart games I haven’t played. Are they worth getting from the Wii U eshop?
In Rust we Trust

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#2
They're relatively cheap, and I would say worth getting yeah.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

Timinatron
1 month ago#3
That’s what I was thinking, they can’t be bad. More MK is never a bad thing.
In Rust we Trust

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#4
I can vouch for DS. I've played it loads, and it is fantastic. It has a few courses from Super Circuit as well, and they seem great too. Go for it!
Now playing: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Shadowgate (GBC), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

Timinatron
1 month ago#5
darthcorpse posted...
I can vouch for DS. I've played it loads, and it is fantastic. It has a few courses from Super Circuit as well, and they seem great too. Go for it!

Cool. I think I’ll get them both in time. I love Mario Kart, not sure why I never played these two games..
In Rust we Trust

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#6
I still play SC on my GBA, lol

It plays similar to SMK so it’s fun IMO

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#7
Timinatron posted...
darthcorpse posted...

Cool. I think I’ll get them both in time. I love Mario Kart, not sure why I never played these two games..

Are you the type to play on handhelds? If not, there's your reason. DS still stands up today and is really good. Super Circuit is good, but much like Super Mario Kart it's a product of it's time with the sprite and background layer setup. Being even lower resolution than Super Mario Kart it hasn't aged particularly well but when it was the first portable Mario Kart our minds were sufficiently blown. 4 of its own circuits and all 4 SNES circuits and only one cart needed for multiplayer was a dream come true at the time. Today much of that doesn't really apply but the tracks are still good. Just keep in mind it's gonna be a short one.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

Timinatron
1 month ago#8
n00bsaib0t posted...
Timinatron posted...
darthcorpse posted...

Are you the type to play on handhelds? If not, there's your reason. DS still stands up today and is really good. Super Circuit is good, but much like Super Mario Kart it's a product of it's time with the sprite and background layer setup. Being even lower resolution than Super Mario Kart it hasn't aged particularly well but when it was the first portable Mario Kart our minds were sufficiently blown. 4 of its own circuits and all 4 SNES circuits and only one cart needed for multiplayer was a dream come true at the time. Today much of that doesn't really apply but the tracks are still good. Just keep in mind it's gonna be a short one.

Yeah I don’t mind any of that, I played and loved MK7 a few years ago.
In Rust we Trust

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
1 month ago#9
Super Circuit was kind of like the "Super Mario Advance" update of Super Mario Kart, so it's a great way to experience the classic tracks and gameplay, plus its new courses.

MKDS is also worth it for its unique mission mode. I'm surprised that mode didn't become a series staple.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

Timinatron
1 month ago#10
Mission mode huh? I will definitely have to check that out!
In Rust we Trust
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How are Mario Kart Super Circuit and Mario Kart DS?