You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What's the last Virtual Console game u downloaded to your Wii U?

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#1
On the suggestion of my friend on GameFAQs I downloaded Metroid Zero Mission & I'm liking it so far, it's more fun than I thought it would be. : - >
Now playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star, Paper Mario, Super Paper Mario, Paper Mario Color Splash... Future Switch games I'm looking forward to: Bayonetta 3, ACNH
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 month ago#2
Super Metroid, but I haven’t played it yet.

Glad you’re liking ZM!
Now Playing: Metroid Fusion
In Rust we Trust
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: BBlackford

BBlackford
1 month ago#3
Bomberman ‘93

After the Wii Shop Closure, I went through the Wii U eShop and “upgraded” my previous purchases. I realize that’s kind of silly to basically pay again to play games I already own, but it felt like tying up a loose end.

In any case, with the save state enhancements, I’ll finally be able to beat the story once and for all.
3DS: 0130-1821-1854

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
1 month ago#4
I think it was Konami Krazy Racers. There are still a lot of VC games that I'd like to pick up, but I'm not feeling like there's a rush. I need to clear out my wishlist for DSiware, actually, since there have been a lot of 3rd party titles suddenly being delisted.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

User Info: Nintenking

Nintenking
1 month ago#5
As of right now it's Mr. Driller 2, which I got since I can't download Mr. Driller onto my PS3 in the PAL region.

Upgrading isn't that silly since it's only a small extra fee and you get to keep your old version as well. If you'd been charged full VC price both times it wouldn't have been worth it.
Nintenking sits down and starts singing about Karma.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#6
It's been a while, but it might be Yoshi's Island. I am fairly angry that rather than have the SNES version, they only have the GBA one. But I didn't have much choice, as I wanted to have it, I got it.

I am going to take a look soon though and see about getting the GBA Metroid games at least.
Now playing: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Shadowgate (GBC), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

User Info: Nintenking

Nintenking
1 month ago#7
They just hadn't figured out how to emulate the Super FX Chip properly at that point. Great for the SNES Classic - it gave it some "exclusives".
Nintenking sits down and starts singing about Karma.

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 month ago#8
darthcorpse posted...
I am going to take a look soon though and see about getting the GBA Metroid games at least.

Hell yeah! Both Zero Mission and Fusion are great! Zero Mission is a fun romp through Zebes, but Fusion almost has some horror elements and will absolutely humble you as a gamer lol. The bosses are brutal! Still, you feel satisfied after besting them and finishing the game.

On topic though, I’m thinking about grabbing the only two Mario Kart games I’ve never played from the Wii U eshop - Super Circuit and DS.
In Rust we Trust

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#9
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario 3
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#10
I had a look at the N64 VC games on offer, and realised Ogre Battle: Person of Lordly Character and Sin and Punishment are on there, along with games I wouldn't mind owning. They look fantastic too. So I think I may be posting some stuff on here at some point if the thread lasts!
Now playing: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Shadowgate (GBC), Final Fantasy V (GBA)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What's the last Virtual Console game u downloaded to your Wii U?