• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your gaming day 5?

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
4 weeks ago#281
ArcFan10000 posted...
Extreme G3 on the Gamecube, Xmen Legends 2: Rise of the Apocalypse also on Gamecube, i have a backwards Wii that plays gamecube discs.

I was so disappointed with XG3 after XG2. In XG2 you could actually get it to the point where you were the only bike left on the track.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#282
Not played XG3, but I keep seeing it cheap for PS2 and thinking I'll eventually get it, though I am sick of always having to get the PS versions of games because I rarely see the GC equivalent, and I don't have a lot for GC.

I do have both 1 and 2, though I haven't had the chance to play them a lot, and so haven't really figured out how 2 works in the sense of just having a race.

Been playing FFV mainly, with a little Scurge on the side...But tonight it's back to LotR: TTA after not being able to play on a big screen for a while. Hoping to get to the halfway point tonight, if not farther. It's currently early morning though as I type this, so that's all a little ways off.

@Nodrog77 good luck with Unravel Two and Kirby Star Allies!
Now playing: LotR: The Third Age, Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

User Info: Heracylost

Heracylost
4 weeks ago#283
Beat The Suffering for a second time finally. Torque is almost as much a bad ass as Kratos.
That was a great time, the summer of '71 - I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it. Lemmy Kilmister

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#284
I started Metroid: Samus Returns today! So far I got through the Surface Area and I’m now at Area 1. Defeated the first Metroid, got the Morph Ball, Charge Beam and Scan Pulse, as well as several Missile Expansions and an Energy Tank.

I’m gonna try to take it slow on this game since it will likely be my last Metroid game for a long time (maybe until Prime 4 comes out) as I don’t know that I’ll be playing the original Metroid or Metroid II since I’ll have played both remakes after I complete this game. Also not going to bother with Prime Pinball. Lol.
Now Playing: Metroid: Samus Returns
Upcoming: Gears 5, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Doom Eternal

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
4 weeks ago#285
Speedy Gonzoles on Super Nintendo, Jurassic Park also on Super Nintendo
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#286
Heracylost posted...
Beat The Suffering for a second time finally. Torque is almost as much a bad ass as Kratos.

Nice! I haven't played The Suffering, it looks intense.

@Timinatron that ready sounds like good progress! I can see why you'd want to take it slowly though. Who knows when Prime 4 is coming!

Lol, I guess Prime Pinball may be alright for a pinball game, but that doesn't appeal much to me either.

I got to play some PS2 tonight, albeit not as much as I had planned, as I also watched a movie (Sinister). But I got from 30 to 38% completion now in LotR: The Third Age. I have done a bunch of the plains of Rohan, and now I seem to be trying to rescue some refugees from Uruk Hai. The battles are getting quite tough now...might try to grind a little tomorrow just to even the odds.
Now playing: LotR: The Third Age, Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#287
So much for taking it slow! I just got to Area 2 in Samus Returns, killing four more Metroids and getting the Bombs, Ice Beam and Spider Ball in the process! Also got another Energy Tank and several more Missile Expansions. Once I start playing, it’s a hard game to put down!
Upcoming: Gears 5, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Doom Eternal
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
4 weeks ago#288
Timinatron posted...
So much for taking it slow! I just got to Area 2 in Samus Returns, killing four more Metroids and getting the Bombs, Ice Beam and Spider Ball in the process! Also got another Energy Tank and several more Missile Expansions. Once I start playing, it’s a hard game to put down!

It's too bad @Timinatron you're not able to appreciate the 3D-I've heard it's quite good. But still-you're probably having a blast. Are there any Metroid games you HAVEN'T played? I'm enjoying Zero Mission. I just hope I don't give up..
Now playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star, Super Paper Mario, NBA Playgrounds 2, Kirby SA..Future Switch games I'm looking forward to: Bayonetta 3, ACNH

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#289
Nodrog77 posted...
Timinatron posted...

It's too bad @Timinatron you're not able to appreciate the 3D-I've heard it's quite good. But still-you're probably having a blast. Are there any Metroid games you HAVEN'T played? I'm enjoying Zero Mission. I just hope I don't give up..

The only ones I haven’t played at this point are the original Metroid, Metroid II and Prime Pinball. Zero Mission is a remake of Metroid and Samus Returns is a remake of Metroid II so I don’t know that I need to really play the originals...and Prime Pinball is a spinoff pinball game based on Prime.

If you’re stuck on ZM I might be able to help, or at least point you to a good walkthrough to get you unstuck!

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
4 weeks ago#290
Played some 3DS this morning-got past a level in Paper Mario Sticker Star w/ some guidance from youtube. It was fun.
Now playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star, Super Paper Mario, NBA Playgrounds 2, Kirby SA..Future Switch games I'm looking forward to: Bayonetta 3, ACNH
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your gaming day 5?
  • Topic Closed