• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your gaming day 5?

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 month ago#261
Luigi’s Mansion 3 finally has an official release date, and it’s on Halloween! Can’t wait to pick it up!

Also @darthcorpse the better Switch was officially announced. Same price but has much better battery life. Sounds like it’ll be worth waiting a couple of months for it.
In Rust we Trust
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#262
That sounds good! I guess people were hoping for better processing power, but battery life isn't a bad thing I guess.
Now playing: LotR: The Third Age, Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 month ago#263
darthcorpse posted...
That sounds good! I guess people were hoping for better processing power, but battery life isn't a bad thing I guess.

Yes..I do think an actual Pro model is an eventuality, but for now it doesn’t make sense to buy a regular Switch with this slightly better model releasing in a couple of months
In Rust we Trust

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#264
Timinatron posted...
Luigi’s Mansion 3 finally has an official release date, and it’s on Halloween! Can’t wait to pick it up!

Also @darthcorpse the better Switch was officially announced. Same price but has much better battery life. Sounds like it’ll be worth waiting a couple of months for it.

Even though I struggled w/ LM Dark Moon, I'll definitely b getting LM3. It looks super fun..
Now playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star, Super Paper Mario, NBA Playgrounds 2, Kirby SA..Future Switch games I'm looking forward to: Bayonetta 3, ACNH

darthcorpse
1 month ago#265
Nodrog77 posted...
Timinatron posted...

Even though I struggled w/ LM Dark Moon, I'll definitely b getting LM3. It looks super fun..

Dark Moon? Lol I still have to find time to finish the original!
Now playing: LotR: The Third Age, Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#266
I'm having problems w/ my back & shoulder & don't feel like gaming-though I may play NBA Playgrounds 2 later on..I guess my highlight was watching Paper Mario TTYD's ending..
Now playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star, Super Paper Mario, NBA Playgrounds 2, Kirby SA..Future Switch games I'm looking forward to: Bayonetta 3, ACNH

darthcorpse
1 month ago#267
Sorry to hear that @Nodrog77 . Hope it doesn't take long to recover.

My highlight was exploring the world in FFV, and finding the main character's home town. There were some emotional cutscenes there, which were great to see, as they gave more personality to the characters in the game.

I think I need to read up on the jobs in this game, as maxing jobs out is of course the best thing to do, but I have so many jobs to try out. It is quite possible I won't get through them all in a single or several play throughs, so it'll be a reason to return to the game in the future, same as FFIII.
(edited 1 month ago)

darthcorpse
1 month ago#268
I played Metal Slug and Samurai Showdown 5 tonight on arcade machines at a work party. Brilliant! Gonna wrap up the night with a little FFV.

How's everyone else doing?

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
1 month ago#269
Practices for the play I’m in are really picking up, so not much gaming time. Got in a little Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon today though.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#270
Hope the play goes well @TC2Kevin ! I'm looking forward to some focused time with Fire Emblem in the near future. After I finish FFV and VI, I may choose the 2nd Golden Sun game, or I might go on to FE Awakening. I'm favouring the latter so far.

Speaking of FFV, I now have the airship, and very little direction as to what I need to so next, so I'll do the usual thing of going to all the towns and castles and talking to people. Much easier with an airship! I feel a little bad now though...I had a wyvern for a short while, then a fire powered ship for an even shorter time, and now I've gone on to the airship already, which was fixed up with bits of the fire powered ship...such a short time with each of them!

FFIV also had a decent number of vehicles though, but I got some repeat use out of a couple of them, ie the airship with a crane that could lift the hovercraft, which was the only way to get to some areas. Maybe FFV will also do this later on.

Before getting the airship, there was a fun and easy puzzle to open a few chests. It's a really cool game.

I also did a tiny bit more Scurge: Hive, and surprise, surprise, there's another upgrade coming: something to light up dark areas. So far there are a good number of upgrades:
The EMP for fighting energy monsters
An electricity beam for fighting robots
A fire shot to kill organic monsters
An ice AoE weapon that freezes enemies
A grappling hook to hook across some gaps and drag enemies around, particularly frozen ones for puzzle solving
An adrenaline boost to slow time
And now the illumination upgrade.

(Just blocking that off in case anyone plays this, which I do recommend!)

In one crucial way it isn't like a Metroidvania game: while there are occasionally multiple routes through an area and you can sometimes find keys in any order, the overall plot and progression are linear, and I doubt sequence breaking would be possible. It works, though, and it has a lot of fun, satisfying gameplay.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your gaming day 5?
  • Topic Closed