• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. wiiU was under-rated

User Info: sull56ivan2010

sull56ivan2010
1 month ago#81
n00bsaib0t posted...
You not liking it and calling people names won’t make you right. You said WiiU doesn’t have a BOTW, it literally has BOTW. You disputed the claim that the WiiU is great for playing Nintendo games, it literally plays all of them but 3DS through its release. The methods to do it are irrelevant, the WiiU still does it. You’re wrong by every metric trying to dispute these things, and the fact that all you can do is resort to insults is proof of that.

He never said Wii U didn't have a Breath of the Wild. He said a seller that was the equivalency of Breath of the Wild. A game that sells gangbusters. It shouldn't have been delayed that long for Wii U. A new Zelda game would have helped in 2013 or 14.

The Virtual Console was nowhere near the level of the Wii Virtual Console. Not everyone is going to softmod their Wii U just to play GameCube games. Does it bother you that much that the Wii U isn't put on a pedestal?
Nintendo and PC fanboys hate it when gamers play more than their games
Patriots fans: The most spoiled insecure bandwagon ever. Worse than Philadelphia fans

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#82
sull56ivan2010 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
You not liking it and calling people names won’t make you right. You said WiiU doesn’t have a BOTW, it literally has BOTW. You disputed the claim that the WiiU is great for playing Nintendo games, it literally plays all of them but 3DS through its release. The methods to do it are irrelevant, the WiiU still does it. You’re wrong by every metric trying to dispute these things, and the fact that all you can do is resort to insults is proof of that.

He never said Wii U didn't have a Breath of the Wild. He said a seller that was the equivalency of Breath of the Wild. A game that sells gangbusters. It shouldn't have been delayed that long for Wii U. A new Zelda game would have helped in 2013 or 14.

The Virtual Console was nowhere near the level of the Wii Virtual Console. Not everyone is going to softmod their Wii U just to play GameCube games. Does it bother you that much that the Wii U isn't put on a pedestal?

The WiiU has BOTW. Clearly the issue with sales was the WiiU itself and not the games since BOTW, NSMBU, Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Pokken, Bayonetta 2, Darksiders 2, Rayman Legends, and all the other games on both WiiU and Switch sold more on Switch. The idea that any game would have mattered when the games are clearly there and sell on hardware people actually want is laughable at best. Why does that bother you so much?

As for GC games, it’s factually a thing. Whether or not someone wants to do it is irrelevant. A lot of people also don’t spend money on the eshop (or PSN or XBL) for several reasons. Why don’t you pretend that doesn’t count, either?
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: sull56ivan2010

sull56ivan2010
1 month ago#83
I'm not pretending anything, @n00bsaib0t. About 95 percent of owners are not going to install a mod just to play GameCube games.

No one is denying that Breath of the Wild is on Wii U. You underestimate the selling power of a new Zelda game. If it were a launch game or even a pack-in, the system would have been in a healthier state of mind. Wii U had a lot of potential and Nintendo f***ed up as they did with the 64 and the GameCube, only much worse. At least those two systems had games from the get go that you could go out of your way to buy.
Nintendo and PC fanboys hate it when gamers play more than their games
Patriots fans: The most spoiled insecure bandwagon ever. Worse than Philadelphia fans

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#84
sull56ivan2010 posted...
I'm not pretending anything, @n00bsaib0t. About 95 percent of owners are not going to install a mod just to play GameCube games.

No one is denying that Breath of the Wild is on Wii U. You underestimate the selling power of a new Zelda game. If it were a launch game or even a pack-in, the system would have been in a healthier state of mind. Wii U had a lot of potential and Nintendo f***ed up as they did with the 64 and the GameCube, only much worse. At least those two systems had games from the get go that you could go out of your way to buy.

Yes, let’s talk about the GC. Say BOTW was a WiiU exclusive in 2014. Then what? It sells 15-17 million instead of 13? GC had Wind Waker and Sold 20 million, but had healthier sales throughout its life. BOTW wasn’t going to move nearly as many WiiU’s as you think it was.

And again, whether or not people will mod the console is irrelevant. If I claim I love my WiiU because of all the generations of Nintendo games it plays “well others won’t mod” isn’t a valid rebuttal. It doesn’t work that way. So Nimbus up there getting pissy and slinging insults because someone said they love the games their WiiU plays is 100% invalid for like 17 different reasons.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: Beefbud

Beefbud
1 month ago#85
it's my favorite nintendo system tbqh
Backlog: http://backloggery.com/melatonin
Music: https://zplan.bandcamp.com/

User Info: NimbusSkye

NimbusSkye
1 month ago#86
n00bsaib0t posted...
Yes, let’s talk about the GC. Say BOTW was a WiiU exclusive in 2014. Then what? It sells 15-17 million instead of 13? GC had Wind Waker and Sold 20 million, but had healthier sales throughout its life. BOTW wasn’t going to move nearly as many WiiU’s as you think it was.
My argument never applied to BOTW alone. The Wii U simply lacked any blockbuster exclusive that would've propelled its sales by a substantial margin.

n00bsaib0t posted...
And again, whether or not people will mod the console is irrelevant. If I claim I love my WiiU because of all the generations of Nintendo games it plays “well others won’t mod” isn’t a valid rebuttal. It doesn’t work that way. So Nimbus up there getting pissy and slinging insults because someone said they love the games their WiiU plays is 100% invalid for like 17 different reasons.
Yes it is invalid; you're voiding your warranty. If you have to make changes that void something's warranty in order to do something as trivial as playing disc-based games from only two generations ago, then it's not a feature. I really shouldn't have to explain this.

Considering that the GCN ceased production back as early as 2007, not having a legitimate method of playing its games without voiding warranties or doing illegal stuff is a considerable issue.
3DS FC: 1221-0399-7115
FE Fates My Castle ID: 12097-00776-95917-49127
(edited 1 month ago)

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#87
My argument never applied to BOTW alone. The Wii U simply lacked any blockbuster exclusive that would've propelled its sales by a substantial margin.

Those same games are selling great on the Switch, your argument is invalid.

Yes it is invalid; you're voiding your warranty. If you have to make changes that void something's warranty in order to do something as trivial as playing disc-based games from only two generations ago, then it's not a feature. I really shouldn't have to explain this.

Considering that the GCN ceased production back as early as 2007, not having a legitimate method of playing its games without voiding warranties or doing illegal stuff is a considerable issue.

First of all, the WiiU is old enough that literally none of them are under warranty. Mine hasn’t been under warranty for five years now because you only get one year. So I’m not sure what warranty you think people are voiding doing anything to their WiiU, but they aren’t.

Second, the WiiU exploit doesn’t have to void your warranty. There is a cold boot exploit and an exploit you have to apply every time you reboot the console. Mine, for example, would show no traces of being modded without my external HDD and SD card inserted as I don’t use CBHC.

Third, the WiiU not playing GC games out of the box really isn’t an issue. Yeah, the GC stopped production in 2007. When did the Wii stop production? You know there are far, far more BC Wii’s out there than non-BC models, right? And again, expecting two gens worth of BC is f***ing absurd. How many machines actually do that? But for some reason it’s some huge sin that the WiiU doesn’t? Get a GC or Wii if you don’t want to mod a WiiU. There are only 100+ million of them combined that play GC games, they aren’t hard to find. There’s your legitimate method you lied and claimed didn’t exist.

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
1 month ago#88
Finally got my hands on XCX, it's utterly addicting and completely amazing. Cementing Wii U as one of my favorite consoles ever
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: NimbusSkye

NimbusSkye
1 month ago#89
n00bsaib0t posted...
Those same games are selling great on the Switch, your argument is invalid.
Yeah, after the Wii U's death. My claim was that there were no blockbuster titles that sold the Wii U, not the Switch. Maybe stop changing the subject when you're backed into a corner.

n00bsaib0t posted...
First of all, the WiiU is old enough that literally none of them are under warranty. Mine hasn’t been under warranty for five years now because you only get one year. So I’m not sure what warranty you think people are voiding doing anything to their WiiU, but they aren’t.
Lolwut? The discussion was about when the Wii U was still a current gen console. Again, quit twisting the subject.

n00bsaib0t posted...
Second, the WiiU exploit doesn’t have to void your warranty. There is a cold boot exploit and an exploit you have to apply every time you reboot the console. Mine, for example, would show no traces of being modded without my external HDD and SD card inserted as I don’t use CBHC.
You've still voided the warranty regardless of whether it's detectable or not. Tampering with the software or hardware of a closed source device will void the warranty, as stated in the EULA that you likely never bothered to read but implicitly agreed to by using the console at all.

n00bsaib0t posted...
Third, the WiiU not playing GC games out of the box really isn’t an issue. Yeah, the GC stopped production in 2007. When did the Wii stop production? You know there are far, far more BC Wii’s out there than non-BC models, right? And again, expecting two gens worth of BC is f***ing absurd. How many machines actually do that? But for some reason it’s some huge sin that the WiiU doesn’t? Get a GC or Wii if you don’t want to mod a WiiU. There are only 100+ million of them combined that play GC games, they aren’t hard to find. There’s your legitimate method you lied and claimed didn’t exist.
You're buying used systems and discs, and it is only a matter of time before they disappear. 2 gen compatibility is not a problem when the GCN uses the same type of storage media (discs). Obviously it would be stupid to expect the Switch to be BC with the Wii U, because it uses cartridges.

And once again, you've twisted the goddamn subject. I was talking about the Wii U breaking BC with GCN, not the Wii or GCN systems themselves. So far you've done nothing but dodge all of my arguments and show yourself incapable of understanding how console sales and the EULA works.
3DS FC: 1221-0399-7115
FE Fates My Castle ID: 12097-00776-95917-49127

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#90
NimbusSkye posted...
Yeah, after the Wii U's death. My claim was that there were no blockbuster titles that sold the Wii U, not the Switch. Maybe stop changing the subject when you're backed into a corner.

Except those titles were on the WiiU, proving that it had "blockbuster titles" but no one bought them because no one wanted the hardware. Try paying attention.

NimbusSkye posted...
Lolwut? The discussion was about when the Wii U was still a current gen console. Again, quit twisting the subject.

This was literally never said at any point. You just made this up.

NimbusSkye posted...
You've still voided the warranty regardless of whether it's detectable or not. Tampering with the software or hardware of a closed source device will void the warranty, as stated in the EULA that you likely never bothered to read but implicitly agreed to by using the console at all.

It's only voided if you get caught. Do you know how many people deleted the Homebrew Channel from their Wii to do a warranty repair? If they can't detect it how are they going to tell you your warranty is void when you send it in? Use a little common sense here and stop clinging to "b-b-but technically!"

NimbusSkye posted...
You're buying used systems and discs, and it is only a matter of time before they disappear. 2 gen compatibility is not a problem when the GCN uses the same type of storage media (discs). Obviously it would be stupid to expect the Switch to be BC with the Wii U, because it uses cartridges.

Outside of launch PS3s and the extremely limited OG Xbox BC on XB1 (all of like 28 titles), what other platforms maintain two gens worth of BC with the same media? Also, for someone that pretends he's so god damn smart it's f***ing hilarious that you think a mini disc like the GC uses should just work in a standard slot loading disc drive. The drive would either have to be designed to account for mini discs like BC Wii models were or be a traditional opening disc drive like the GC had. The WiiU's disc drive won't take the mini disc at all, it's not the same media as a DVD or a bluray, even the knockoff versions Nintendo used on the Wii and WiiU. The drive is physically not capable of taking it, just like an SNES is physically not capable of taking an NES cart. Yes, asking for that to be included in the WiiU is literally the same ask asking for that in the SNES. After all, "cartridges" are the same media, right? They, must be, "discs" are one media to you lol.

Oh, and you would be buying a WiiU used if you wanted one right now so how is that different from the Wii and GC?

NimbusSkye posted...
And once again, you've twisted the goddamn subject. I was talking about the Wii U breaking BC with GCN, not the Wii or GCN systems themselves.

Oh really?
NimbusSkye posted...

Looks like you're talking about the GC system itself to me.

NimbusSkye posted...
So far you've done nothing but dodge all of my arguments and show yourself incapable of understanding how console sales and the EULA works.

So far you've failed to make any arguments.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. wiiU was under-rated
  • Post New Message