• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. wiiU was under-rated

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#111
What exactly was so special about the Wii U that pitched it at $300 on launch? I'd rather spend a bit more money ($399 for PS4) to play BLU-ray and DVDs on my console while enjoying games in glorious 1080p, the industry standard since as early as 2007. The complete lack of console sellers (NSMB4 LOL) at launch further supported my decision.

Do you ever know what you’re talking about? 1080p wasn’t the “industry standard” in 2007. We were lucky if PS3 and 360 games actually hit 720p. Very few games actually hit 1080p that gen. The WiiU had Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Rayman Legends, Monster Hunter 3, and Smash in native 1080p. The PS3 had Tekken 5 and Gran Turismo?

And I would love to know how you were buying a PS4 when the WiiU launched considering the WiiU is a year older than the PS4. Like it or not, the WiiU was actually the most powerful console on the market for a year before the PS4 launched, it’s actually a fair bit more capable than the PS3 and 360. Source:
https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/console-gpu-power-compared-ranking-systems-by-flop/2900-1334/

I guess we can add these to the list of things you pretend to know about.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: sull56ivan2010

sull56ivan2010
1 month ago#112
n00b still acting like he knows everything like the little Nintendo soldier he is.
Nintendo and PC fanboys hate it when gamers play more than their games
Patriots fans: The most spoiled insecure bandwagon ever. Worse than Philadelphia fans

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#113
sull56ivan2010 posted...
n00b still acting like he knows everything like the little Nintendo soldier he is.

Please, by all means, tell me what in that post was pro Nintendo. If you can’t (and you can’t) then maybe stop trying to hide behind insults and use real rebuttals.

Edit: for the record, you’re in here claiming the guy who said nothing would have saved the WiiU is a “Nintendo soldier” while trying to claim it just needed BOTW sooner and it would have been a success and jumping to Numbus’ defense as I tell him the same thing I told you. You realize that, right?
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t
(edited 1 month ago)

sull56ivan2010
1 month ago#114
n00bsaib0t posted...
sull56ivan2010 posted...

Please, by all means, tell me what in that post was pro Nintendo. If you can’t (and you can’t) then maybe stop trying to hide behind insults and use real rebuttals.

It's this entire topic. You don't use real rebuttals yourself. You act like the typical pro-Nintendo fan and act like anything that was bad about the Wii U didn't happen. Grow up.
Patriots fans: The most spoiled insecure bandwagon ever. Worse than Philadelphia fans

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#115
sull56ivan2010 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
sull56ivan2010 posted...

It's this entire topic. You don't use real rebuttals yourself. You act like the typical pro-Nintendo fan and act like anything that was bad about the Wii U didn't happen. Grow up.

Edit: for the record, you’re in here claiming the guy who said nothing would have saved the WiiU is a “Nintendo soldier” while trying to claim it just needed BOTW sooner and it would have been a success and jumping to Numbus’ defense as I tell him the same thing I told you. You realize that, right?

sull56ivan2010
1 month ago#116
You love twisting things to cater to yourself. I'm just gonna block you again. Pro Nintendo people like you make me sick.

User Info: o_rei

o_rei
1 month ago#117
NimbusSkye posted...
explained how those first party games were garbage compared to any other mainline Nintendo console

1. "explained how those first party games were garbage compared to any other mainline Nintendo console" He didn't explain anything. He gave an opinion of which I disagree with.

2. Most nintendo fans dont buy 3rd party regardless of the console. Hence why EA doesnt make games for the switch. This has been true since n64 era.

3. Tokyo Mirage Sessions sales figures have nothing to do about the quality of the game, and in the age of streaming having good IP will be more important in the long run than sales during release. It is a good game even without the cleavage for under 18 year old boys to gawk at. Go out in the real world if you want to encounter that.

4. While I agree Smash 4 is dead in tournament it is because it was replaced by smash ultimate which is a minor evolution of gameplay compared to smash 4. You dont know what youre talking about clearly smash 4 was heavily praised in the community for balance.

5. You keep bringing up NSMBU but it was one of the only games on the wiiU to break the 5 million sales mark. Thats a fantastic attach rate given the mediocre sales of the wiiU. Not to mention they repackaged it again for Switch and have sold a few more million since then.... Maybe do a little better research....

Im sorry I make you sick. I have a feeling if my opinions on a video game console get you so riled up as is evident by your words, you have a sickness that is much more severe than 'pro nintendoism'

I am not all or nothing on Nintendo. I hate NSO. I hate that in 2019 I cant have a stable smash online game despite having great internet wifi. I hate that a marquee game like Mario Maker 2 online mode barely works and a lot of unlockables are hidden behind the online options. There is a lot I could go into criticizing the big N, but that is for another topic. I maintain my original opinion that the wiiU was underrated.
Gamefaqs 2019: Where I get modded for linking to a think tank article
(edited 1 month ago)

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#118
o_rei posted...
Maybe do a little better research

He's allergic.

User Info: NimbusSkye

NimbusSkye
1 month ago#119
@o_rei You really need to keep track of whom you're talking to. Stop putting words in my mouth that I never spoke.

That aside, you failed to respond to any of my arguments with actual evidence or reasoning. I really should stop wasting my time with you. Keeping track of others in a discussion is a fundamental debating skill that you apparently lack.
3DS FC: 1221-0399-7115
FE Fates My Castle ID: 12097-00776-95917-49127
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: o_rei

o_rei
1 month ago#120
NimbusSkye posted...
@o_rei You really need to keep track of whom you're talking to. Stop putting words in my mouth that I never spoke.

That aside, you failed to respond to any of my arguments with actual evidence or reasoning. I really should stop wasting my time with you. Keeping track of others in a discussion is a fundamental debating skill that you apparently lack.

I actually addressed your post line item by item based on post #109. You can keep insulting me all you want, I truly don't care. Im an adult who grew up in peak social media/internet age. I'm mature enough to truly not let you affect me in the slightest. I respond just to set the record for anyone else reading this post.

You are an avatar to me and a petulant one at that. Also it is possible for me to address two different people in one post. I know thats revolutionary for your mind, but it is possible.
Gamefaqs 2019: Where I get modded for linking to a think tank article
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. wiiU was under-rated
  • Post New Message