You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. wiiU was under-rated

User Info: o_rei

o_rei
2 months ago#1
amazing 1st party games in retrospect, a full-fledge VC, and a UX that actually had the heart of old nintendo.

I still play mine too this day despite owning a switch and ps4 Pro
Happy Home Designer blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/happilydesigner
3ds: 0645 5925 6824

o_rei
2 months ago#2
pikmin 3, zelda: WW HD, Yoshi Woolly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, mario maker, splatoon, tokyo mirage sesion, tropical freeze, NSMB:U, Mario 3d world, and many more not to mention VC
Happy Home Designer blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/happilydesigner
3ds: 0645 5925 6824

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
2 months ago#3
It had a good VC, sure, but it was arguably a step-down from the Wii's VC.

The Wii U also suffered from severe software droughts and some very low-quality, obviously phoned-in first-party games (Mario Tennis, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, etc.).

Lastly, the Wii U has been made almost completely obsolete by the Switch. If you were going to skip one Nintendo system, the Wii U would be the obvious choice.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

o_rei
2 months ago#4
I would argue the WIiU served as a necessary stepping stone to switch and created some of the most important franchises for nintendo in past 8 years

User Info: Pikachu1918

Pikachu1918
2 months ago#5
o_rei posted...
amazing 1st party games in retrospect, a full-fledge VC, and a UX that actually had the heart of old nintendo.

I still play mine too this day despite owning a switch and ps4 Pro

While I see the Wii U as a valid stepping stone between the Switch and the Wii. It was a system that was DOA.

Forget the bad design, just look at the hardware specs. They were a joke! The game pad, great idea for one player!

Whoever greenlite the Wii U should've been fired.
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com

User Info: CAPnCRUNCH

CAPnCRUNCH
2 months ago#6
I think under"appreciated" sums it up!
"Playem if ya gottem" cause it's good fer ya!

User Info: Pikachu1918

Pikachu1918
2 months ago#7
CAPnCRUNCH posted...

Under appreciated means the system had a chance.

The Wii U was DOA. A dust bunny collector due to poor system specs, and design.

You'd have to do a square one redesign to make it a viable system.
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com

User Info: sull56ivan2010

sull56ivan2010
2 months ago#8
Pikachu1918 posted...
CAPnCRUNCH posted...

Under appreciated means the system had a chance.

The Wii U was DOA. A dust bunny collector due to poor system specs, and design.

You'd have to do a square one redesign to make it a viable system.

Combined with a hefty price and garbage amount of storage that the 360 did better with in 2005.

Wii U is no way underrated. Underrated is something like a 64, GameCube, Sega Saturn, Turbografx. It doesn't even compare to those systems.
Nintendo and PC fanboys hate it when gamers play more than their games
Patriots fans: The most spoiled insecure bandwagon ever. Worse than Philadelphia fans

User Info: CAPnCRUNCH

CAPnCRUNCH
2 months ago#9
How about "over-hated" then?
"Playem if ya gottem" cause it's good fer ya!

User Info: sull56ivan2010

sull56ivan2010
2 months ago#10
CAPnCRUNCH posted...
How about "over-hated" then?

The hate is deserved. It's a colossal failure for good reason. Overhate is a Sega Genesis, PS3, GameCube.

Wii U did not have any good marketing. The library is lackluster, including first party games that, while well received, did not make strong impressions for buyers. A price tag that should have been cheaper, a bulky controller that you can only use on one system. Over reliance on Wii products. A piss poor Virtual Console. Tons of issues. It's not over hated.
Nintendo and PC fanboys hate it when gamers play more than their games
Patriots fans: The most spoiled insecure bandwagon ever. Worse than Philadelphia fans
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. wiiU was under-rated