• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. BOTW 2 announced for Nintendo Switch at E3!!!

User Info: Linkz1

Linkz1
4 months ago#1
I'll have to buy a Mini Switch to play BOTW 2, Link's Awakening, Super Mario Odyssey and any Tales games and more. I can't believe they dropped a shocking surprise announcing BOTW 2 like that!!! This is like the Gamecube vs. Wii from Twilight Princess again.

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
4 months ago#2
I really don't understand how this is "shocking".

User Info: CaptainWario

CaptainWario
4 months ago#3
Arcade2 posted...

Same here, i do not see what is so shocking about a sequel being released 4 years after the first one.

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
4 months ago#4
I’m excited for it. I don’t have a Switch yet, so may finally prompt me to get one.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

User Info: Linkz1

Linkz1
4 months ago#5
TC2Kevin posted...
I’m excited for it. I don’t have a Switch yet, so may finally prompt me to get one.

Same here. I'll wait for the new Switch Models, aiming for the Mini Switch.

User Info: Arron27

Arron27
4 months ago#6
CaptainWario posted...
Arcade2 posted...

Same here, i do not see what is so shocking about a sequel being released 4 years after the first one.

Because it's a true sequel to BOTW just like MM was to OOT.
You're pretty good

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
4 months ago#7
Linkz1 posted...
TC2Kevin posted...

Same here. I'll wait for the new Switch Models, aiming for the Mini Switch.

I’ve been waiting for the higher tier Switch since I started hearing rumors about it. Sounds like it might already be in production so hoping to hear something concrete soon.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
4 months ago#8
does anyone have any solid proof of new switch models?
rumors are nothing but rumors no matter how reliable.

i wouldnt get my hopes up guys, because when nintendo says "no" its gonna hurt like a son of a b****
VG collector, professional 3d erotica creator, phd in zombie folklore, a girl.
a dead smurf has more sense of humor than a gamefaqs mod and admin.

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
4 months ago#9
Arron27 posted...
CaptainWario posted...
Arcade2 posted...

The thing is, I believe a lot of people expected this. People have been talking of a rumored new LoZ on Switch and here it is. Given how much people like BotW, it's not surprising they would continue with it. Also considering they've already done a LoZ sequel game in the past, it's nothing new. I think more people were excited, but perhaps not shocked.

User Info: Arron27

Arron27
4 months ago#10
Arcade2 posted...
Arron27 posted...
CaptainWario posted...
Arcade2 posted...

The thing is, I believe a lot of people expected this. People have been talking of a rumored new LoZ on Switch and here it is. Given how much people like BotW, it's not surprising they would continue with it. Also considering they've already done a LoZ sequel game in the past, it's nothing new. I think more people were excited, but perhaps not shocked.

I can see your points here but have some responses:

There have been rumours about a new Zelda game and it being a sequel, much like Banjo being in Smash, but rumours are just that rumours, you never know how much certainty you can put into them so seeing Banjo and Zelda in the direct is how the saying goes 'The proofs in the pudding'.

They have done a true sequel before MM to OOT (3D games) like you said but this was 19 years ago so it was far from a formality, even though it was looking that way amoung popular opinions.

Also i think seeing a 3D Zelda game announcement is always going to be abit shocking to some people myself included.
I guess some of it is down to how much stock you put into rumours.
You're pretty good
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. BOTW 2 announced for Nintendo Switch at E3!!!
  • Topic Archived