You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U is stuck in Wii mode

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
1 month ago#11
dr_zomberg posted...
on the other hand, its somewhat tedious having to go to wii mode when theres a wii disc inside. couldnt it launch the mode automatically if the system detects a wii disc?

This would be obnoxious if one wants to play a digital Wii U game, but still has a Wii game disc inside the console (I typically don't change out the disc in the drive often, as I am mostly digital).
(message deleted)

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
1 month ago#13
Thunderbird8 posted...
dr_zomberg posted...
on the other hand, its somewhat tedious having to go to wii mode when theres a wii disc inside. couldnt it launch the mode automatically if the system detects a wii disc?

This would be obnoxious if one wants to play a digital Wii U game, but still has a Wii game disc inside the console (I typically don't change out the disc in the drive often, as I am mostly digital).

thats a you problem. not everyone's biggest achievement in the day is waking up.
no matter how comfy i am in my recliner, i get up and switch discs, or carts.
VG collector, professional 3d erotica creator, phd in zombie folklore, a girl.
a dead smurf has more sense of humor than a gamefaqs mod and admin.

User Info: Lostmommy

Lostmommy
2 weeks ago#14
So now my wii u is doing this exact thing. It is starting in wii mode and when I try to go back to wii u mode via the home screen option, it just loads right back into wii mode. I've unplugged it several times and restarted it more times then I remember. Not sure what they kids did, but I'm lost here. Any suggestions?

User Info: digressive

digressive
2 weeks ago#15
dr_zomberg posted...
Thunderbird8 posted...
dr_zomberg posted...

thats a you problem. not everyone's biggest achievement in the day is waking up.
no matter how comfy i am in my recliner, i get up and switch discs, or carts.

You want the console to boot to wii mode because it's tedious having to switch to wii mode, yet you are implying that someone is lazy for not wanting to have to get up and remove a disc.

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 weeks ago#16
yes, because one is not lazyness. the other absolutely is.
VG collector, professional 3d erotica creator, phd in zombie folklore, a girl.
a dead smurf has more sense of humor than a gamefaqs mod and admin.

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
2 weeks ago#17
dr_zomberg posted...
yes, because one is not lazyness. the other absolutely is.

Imaging being this full of yourself. If someone not wanting the console to auto-boot to Wii mode is laziness so is you not wanting to select Wii mode.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: AdmiralStiff

AdmiralStiff
1 week ago#18
At least it got stuck on the mode that actually has games
You cannot stop me from getting inside
I am cold, I am hard and my name... is Reality
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U is stuck in Wii mode