You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U is stuck in Wii mode

User Info: bramirez115

bramirez115
2 months ago#1
My daughter somehow went to the wii mode on the wii u and now when i choose "wii u menu" and "start" it keeps going back to the wii mode. I have tried unplugging the console and repeatedly trying to exit, but it just returns me to the wii mode menu. I cannot do a hard reset as the system settings are in the wii u menu. Any advice is very appreciated.

User Info: noswal1990

noswal1990
2 months ago#2
I feel like this is a joke topic.
3DS FC 5043-5274-4533

User Info: bramirez115

bramirez115
2 months ago#3
noswal1990 posted...
I feel like this is a joke topic.

And i feel like you get off on being messed up?

I’m seriously asking for help! My Wii U is freaking stuck in Wii mode and every attempt I make at going back to the Wii U menu just returns me to Wii Mode. It will start up and show the Wii U menu but then it turns to a black screen and reload to the Wii menu. Why is that a joke to you? If you can help, I’d appreciate it, if you can’t then don’t reply in the first place.

User Info: ColorBattle

ColorBattle
2 months ago#4
If you can at all, provide some evidence. I've never even heard of this happening. I've definitely seen and received in the mail, a few consoles that give a red screen or black one and are unable to access Wii mode, but I've never seen a Wii U that is stuck in Wii mode. For starters, you have to select Wii mode from the main menu yourself. Even with the Quick Start option, you have to pick it. There's no option on the system settings to automatically set to Wii mode or anything like that. If you want some help, you may have to elaborate.

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
2 months ago#5
Press and hold the power button on the Wii U console until it powers down. If you want to take another step, unplug the console from power for 15 seconds or more, then plug it back in. Power the console back on.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
2 months ago#6
I have tried unplugging the console and repeatedly trying to exit, but it just returns me to the wii mode menu.

This is literally impossible.
The Wii U never starts in "Wii mode".

Provisional
User Since: May 2019

Must be a coincidence.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
2 months ago#7
Just for something else to try, try unplugging the console and replacing the CR2032 battery for the console. Instructions here, just make sure you leave the battery out for 30 seconds to a minute before replacing.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1730/~/how-to-remove-the-cell-battery-from-the-wii-u-console
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

ColorBattle
2 months ago#8
jimi_dini posted...
I have tried unplugging the console and repeatedly trying to exit, but it just returns me to the wii mode menu.

Yeah...that's why I suggested some sort of proof of the issue he's having in order to actually get any real help. You have to access Wii mode yourself on the menu no matter what and there's only one way to bypass the Wii U start-up menu to reach Wii mode...

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 months ago#9
ColorBattle posted...
jimi_dini posted...

Yeah...that's why I suggested some sort of proof of the issue he's having in order to actually get any real help. You have to access Wii mode yourself on the menu no matter what and there's only one way to bypass the Wii U start-up menu to reach Wii mode...

on the other hand, its somewhat tedious having to go to wii mode when theres a wii disc inside. couldnt it launch the mode automatically if the system detects a wii disc?
VG collector, professional 3d erotica creator, phd in zombie folklore, a girl.
a dead smurf has more sense of humor than a gamefaqs mod and admin.

ColorBattle
2 months ago#10
dr_zomberg posted...
ColorBattle posted...
jimi_dini posted...

on the other hand, its somewhat tedious having to go to wii mode when theres a wii disc inside. couldnt it launch the mode automatically if the system detects a wii disc?

No, actually. It wasn't designed to do this, even if it would be less cumbersome. The only way to bypass selecting Wii mode from the main menu is to hold the B button on a connected controller--whether it be the Gamepad, a Wii remote or Classic Controller--after you initially power on the console.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U is stuck in Wii mode