• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your gaming day 4

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
7 months ago#21
@Timinatron I think maybe half way? I think once I finish Scurge I'll get back to it. I'll redo the beginning to remind myself of stuff, and then resume the save file. Last time I tried it, it was really hard where I'd got to lol.

@Nodrog77 glad you're enjoying Okami, it is a beautiful game. I love that you're essentially healing the land. I also love the sense of humour. I have the Wii version, so I think drawing the symbols was quite hard when I tried it before.

I finally got FFIV to a state where I can beat the dungeon I am at. It wasn't as bad as I thought. In fact, some equipment I had prematurely replaced was the key, so I just bought them again. It was fine armlets if anyone ever needs to know. Basically these creatures called Marlboros attack with "bad breath" which inflicts nearly every status effect possible on the targeted character. This turns them into frogs (well pigs as well, but visually frogs) plus confusing them, robbing them of the chance to attack properly or heal or anything. This is devastating, but if you guard against even one status effect, the whole thing is blocked. Now I know that, these guys are a pain, but nowhere near as bad. You'd think I'd remember stuff like that from when I beat it as a child, but no.

As I got back to my work accommodation yesterday, I was able to get more XC in last night. At the moment I need to level up for the next area, and the most fun way find I that is questing, so I'm back on that. I also am trying to raise affinity between characters. A quest demands it, but there are also these "hear to heart" locations in the world that are unlocked at certain levels of affinity. When you do them, you get to have two characters interact with dialogue decisions you make you that provide extra character development and affinity when done right. Luckily building up to these can be easily done by having one character give collectable items to another, and you pick up tonnes as you explore. You just have to experiment to see what each character likes. Affinity can also be built during battle and in other places. It's a cool system that makes the world and characters feel more real. There is also affinity between NPCs and between player characters and areas that grow as you do quests, which unlock more things to do and also makes it possible to trade for rare items.
Now playing: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Shadowgate (GBC), Final Fantasy IV (GBA)

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
7 months ago#22
darthcorpse posted...
@Timinatron I think maybe half way? I think once I finish Scurge I'll get back to it. I'll redo the beginning to remind myself of stuff, and then resume the save file. Last time I tried it, it was really hard where I'd got to lol.

Basically where I’m at now with 4/8 Octoliths collected. There was a noticeable spike in difficulty with the last few bosses, especially Sylux. It can get pretty tricky trying to aim for a fast-moving target with the stylus!

I was looking at doing Federation Force next, but the guy I was talking to about playing online co-op seems to have lost interest. Might just put that one on the backburner for now and play something else after Hunters. Or give it a shot in single player mode.
Now Playing: Metroid Prime Hunters

User Info: Gamonomania

Gamonomania
7 months ago#23
Dug out Kirby on my Wii U to enjoy a chilled and easy-going hour of gaming yesterday night. I forgot all the game mechanics but I was able to get back into the groove fairly easily, this being a Kirby game after all..

I played a few levels and stopped, it's a good game but I overdosed on its sweetness. The spruced soundtrack is good too
I enjoyed my life when I had nothing... and kinda like the idea of just being happy with me.
Joey Ramone

darthcorpse
7 months ago#24
@Timinatron yeah, it isn't easy, especially when the whole console/controller can move with the stylus if you're not careful lol. But it isn't a bad scheme for that kind of input.

Gamonomania posted...
Dug out Kirby on my Wii U to enjoy a chilled and easy-going hour of gaming yesterday night. I forgot all the game mechanics but I was able to get back into the groove fairly easily, this being a Kirby game after all..

I played a few levels and stopped, it's a good game but I overdosed on its sweetness. The spruced soundtrack is good too

Kirby is nice and relaxing usually, which us good as a break from more hugh intensity games! I agree you can overdose on the saccharine sweetness though lol.
Now playing: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Shadowgate (GBC), Final Fantasy IV (GBA)

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
7 months ago#25
darthcorpse posted...

@Nodrog77 glad you're enjoying Okami, it is a beautiful game. I love that you're essentially healing the land. I also love the sense of humour. I have the Wii version, so I think drawing the symbols was quite hard when I tried it before.

I finally got FFIV to a state where I can beat the dungeon I am at. It wasn't as bad as I thought. In fact, some equipment I had prematurely replaced was the key, so I just bought them again. It was fine armlets if anyone ever needs to know. Basically these creatures called Marlboros attack with "bad breath" which inflicts nearly every status effect possible on the targeted character. This turns them into frogs (well pigs as well, but visually frogs) plus confusing them, robbing them of the chance to attack properly or heal or anything. This is devastating, but if you guard against even one status effect, the whole thing is blocked. Now I know that, these guys are a pain, but nowhere near as bad. You'd think I'd remember stuff like that from when I beat it as a child, but no.

As I got back to my work accommodation yesterday, I was able to get more XC in last night. At the moment I need to level up for the next area, and the most fun way find I that is questing, so I'm back on that. I also am trying to raise affinity between characters. A quest demands it, but there are also these "hear to heart" locations in the world that are unlocked at certain levels of affinity. When you do them, you get to have two characters interact with dialogue decisions you make you that provide extra character development and affinity when done right. Luckily building up to these can be easily done by having one character give collectable items to another, and you pick up tonnes as you explore. You just have to experiment to see what each character likes. Affinity can also be built during battle and in other places. It's a cool system that makes the world and characters feel more real. There is also affinity between NPCs and between player characters and areas that grow as you do quests, which unlock more things to do and also makes it possible to trade for rare items.

XC Wow.
Now playing: Mario+Rabbids, Unravel TWO, TLoZelda BotWild, Okami HD, Forza Horizon 4

Timinatron
7 months ago#26
@darthcorpse I would be happy if they made a Prime HD Collection. Prime 1-3, Hunters and FF all with upscaled HD visuals and twin stick controls for the Switch. I would buy them all again in a heartbeat if it happened..

darthcorpse
7 months ago#27
Timinatron posted...
@darthcorpse I would be happy if they made a Prime HD Collection. Prime 1-3, Hunters and FF all with upscaled HD visuals and twin stick controls for the Switch. I would buy them all again in a heartbeat if it happened..

Man, that would be amazing. I'd love that!

And @Nodrog77 you said it! Now you don't have to get so in depth, but I want to do it justice, so I am trying to get everything I can lol.

Timinatron
7 months ago#28
You guys have any wishlists for E3? I’m hoping for some Zelda news, even if it’s just the Link’s Awakening remake. Can’t wait to see some more Doom Eternal footage as well!

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
7 months ago#29
Timinatron posted...
You guys have any wishlists for E3? I’m hoping for some Zelda news, even if it’s just the Link’s Awakening remake. Can’t wait to see some more Doom Eternal footage as well!

1 thing that would excite me is DLC exclusive characters-platform specific characters for Soul Calibur VI. Chances of that happening? 1 in 108. ( : I'd like 2 C that a new 3D platformer Mario was in the works & learn more about it. Can't wait 2 play Okami today. Also, definitely going to play some Xbox One-maybe Forza Horizon 4.
Now playing: Mario+Rabbids, Unravel TWO, TLoZelda BotWild, Okami HD, Forza Horizon 4

Timinatron
7 months ago#30
Nodrog77 posted...
Timinatron posted...

1 thing that would excite me is DLC exclusive characters-platform specific characters for Soul Calibur VI. Chances of that happening? 1 in 108. ( : I'd like 2 C that a new 3D platformer Mario was in the works & learn more about it. Can't wait 2 play Okami today. Also, definitely going to play some Xbox One-maybe Forza Horizon 4.

Super Mario Odyssey 2? I wonder if they will tease a new 3D Mario game...
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your gaming day 4
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers