• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How often have you played your Wii U this year?

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
1 month ago#41
a few hours just in the last week because of prices going up on a fan favorite----DUCKTALES REMASTERED!!! love this game.

i bought the 360 and ps3 versions before its to late and they start being sold for $400 or more like most are down to 3 games for the entire collection...the nes original and the 2 gameboy games
You know...one man can make a difference and With great power comes great responsiblity....WHY??? BECAUSE STAN LEE said so--R.I.P Stan the man Lee--1922-2018
Bass2 posted...

I set myself a target number of hours to reach.

...but... why?

Anyway, pretty sure zero. I poked around a couple more hours in the Paper Mario game on Wii U after the Switch was out, but within a month of the Switch I didn't play it and eventually boxed it up. My average video game time at all is probably 0-2 hours a week (unless I get a day to myself but if I'm off work I almost always have my daughter with me), spread across Switch, XB1, and PS4.
https://imgur.com/09qFfLV

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#43
I always think it's funny that people go to the trouble of boxing up their consoles when a new one comes out. I have limited space and still like to keep them all hooked up.
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
1 month ago#44
darthcorpse posted...
I've also played Hyrule Warriors recently, which is a really fun game.

Yeah, it's possible the best game on the Wii U.

I have pretty much everything important done in it, but I may still go back and do a few extra things at some point.

darthcorpse posted...
I always think it's funny that people go to the trouble of boxing up their consoles when a new one comes out. I have limited space and still like to keep them all hooked up.

How far back do you have? I have stuff from Atari and later, there is no way I would have enough room.

That being said I always have some room for some consoles from the generation that just passed, so I still have my Wii U hooked up.
"Lower your guard and you will allow the enemy in." - Frog from Chrono Trigger (the original alt frog).
https://imgur.com/hSc6hOs

darthcorpse
1 month ago#45
Never mind me, i was out of line when i posted that. Anyway, I have six consoles. There are limited inputs to my display of course, so I do have to swap cables around from time to time, but in principal they're all easy to start playing. I mean, granted if you have tonnes of consoles it could be impractical to do something like that.
Now playing: Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

User Info: ColorBattle

ColorBattle
1 month ago#46
darthcorpse posted...
I have six consoles. There are limited inputs to my display of course, so I do have to swap cables around from time to time, but in principal they're all easy to start playing. I mean, granted if you have tonnes of consoles it could be impractical to do something like that.

Indeed. I own quite a number of systems. It's impossible to hook up that many to a TV. For me, the original Xbox, PC Engine and PS2 stay in the closet until I desire to play them for an extended period of time (usually pull these consoles out when I do play more than one game at a time or for a multiplayer session).

I have not yet been given a reason to put up the Wii U, however. Even though I keep the extras I own put away, I always keep one in use.
(edited 1 month ago)

darthcorpse
1 month ago#47
Yeah I was mainly talk in about people that just put away or get rid of the last console when a new one comes out, not collectors. Of course, the sort of people I just referred to may not exist. And there are of course valid reasons for maybe focusing on one console at a time. I tend to like to play lots of different games on different systems from time to time, so for me it's convenient to have them all within easy reach. In practical terms I'm usually trying to focus on one game at a time, at the moment, so I might be playing 99% on the PS2 for example til I finish a game, and then move onto the GameCube. But I like having them all handy for those little binge sessions.

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#48
I use my PlayStation 2 more than my Original Xbox. And I play gamecube games on my backwards Wii from time to time. You cant forget about the classic games you grew up with.
I grew up with the Original Nintendo when it came out in 1986. Lived through the 16 bit Era with the Sega Genesis and Super NES that was a battle, the N64 versus the PlayStation One and Sega Saturn was kinda good, but everyone thought of the PlayStation One as their favorite that gen.
The Gameboy Color came out in 1998 and I was 18 and I got one of those shortly after they came out. Lived through the 6th Gen, which was mainly the PlayStation 2 dominating only because it played DVDs out of the box and the other systems didn't. 7th gen was kinda boring in comparision to 6th gen.
The Wii had the motion controllers that soccer moms craved, the PlayStation 3 was the rich boys console when it came out at $599.
And then the Xbox 360 was like the middle man between them having a little bit of both of what the others offered.
8th gen has been pretty good actually, im glad they fired back from the 7th gen which was kinda lackluster.
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: CubeJunky

CubeJunky
1 month ago#49
About 12-15 hours a month, I split my time between that and my Gamecube lately, been rebuilding my GCN collection so been playing it more.
"Embrace the deception, learn how to bend, your worse inhibitions will psych you out in the end."
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How often have you played your Wii U this year?
  • Post New Message