You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Worth getting into the virtual consoles? What ones do you have?

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
3 weeks ago#1
Topic.

The most I have right now is super Mario world, the Legend of Zelda a link to the past, super Metroid and earthbound. What else would you recommend?
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
3 weeks ago#2
I recommend all of the light gun games from the NES, or at least Duck Hunt. These games are not playable on modern televisions outside of the virtual console release. Of course, you will need a Wiimote.

Other than that... I always suggest Demon's Crest. Take a look into the GBA selection too. Super Mario Advance 4, especially. It's got added levels in the Wii U release.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
3 weeks ago#3
I have TLoZ ALttP, OoT, MM, TMC, PH, ST, SS (big Zelda fan), Super Mario 64, SMGalaxy 2, NSMB DS, Yoshi’s Story, Swap Fire (freebie), Metroid Prime Trilogy, MP Hunters, Metroid Other M...I think that’s all. My HD is just about full.
Now Playing: Metroid: Other M

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
3 weeks ago#4
Pretty much I do plan on getting all Zelda, I was thinking contra, some Kirby and all Mario, Metroid and a few rpgs and megaman...possibly fire emblem too.
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
3 weeks ago#5
Forgot Super Mario 3D World. Though I guess that doesn’t count as a VC game, just a digital Wii U game..
Now Playing: Metroid: Other M

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
3 weeks ago#6
On Wii U, all I've got is Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and Earthbound.

If you like Super Metroid, I'd recommend Aria of Sorrow and Metroid Zero Mission.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: DarkHalf91

DarkHalf91
2 weeks ago#7
Earthbound is all I have and only played about 3 hours of it Really need to give it some more time. I liked it though so will eventually.

That said I picked up a SNES Classic sometime after so I have it on there now. I will play the one on Wii U though since I payed for it. The SNES classic has several other games to get my money worth on.
Kutabare
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Worth getting into the virtual consoles? What ones do you have?