You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Final thoughts on Metroid Prime from a brand new player!

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 month ago#51
So I have a question for everyone that has beaten Prime 2...will the game get harder? And no I’m not being cocky, I’m just honestly curious. I was stressing over the Boost Guardian fight and after beating him today I’m just wondering if I can relax a bit. I’m loving the game, but I’ve been stressing a bit over upcoming bosses that I’ve heard are difficult. So my question is, now that I’ve beaten the Boost Guardian, can I relax a bit and play it a bit more worry-free?
Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
1 month ago#52
I was trying to do a little research on this last night. I'd say yes, you should be able to play worry free. With the Trilogy version, the Normal difficulty level is easier than the original console release, and boss difficulty was lowered. Enjoy the experience, and play it again on Veteran if you want to know what it was like originally. There are some websites out there that document some of the changes between the original releases and their Trilogy counterparts if you're interested.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Timinatron
1 month ago#53
TC2Kevin posted...
I was trying to do a little research on this last night. I'd say yes, you should be able to play worry free. With the Trilogy version, the Normal difficulty level is easier than the original console release, and boss difficulty was lowered. Enjoy the experience, and play it again on Veteran if you want to know what it was like originally. There are some websites out there that document some of the changes between the original releases and their Trilogy counterparts if you're interested.

Thanks..I will read up more on the differences between them. I was asking because I’ve read the Spider Guardian and Grapple Guardian are really tough as well.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: yosheta

yosheta
4 weeks ago#54
The Boost Guardian definitely was an unfair fight back in the original release. I forget the damage given, but one touch of that guy did like... an absurd amount of damage PLUS the continuing slow drain from being in Dark Aether.
Dohoho

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#55
yosheta posted...
The Boost Guardian definitely was an unfair fight back in the original release. I forget the damage given, but one touch of that guy did like... an absurd amount of damage PLUS the continuing slow drain from being in Dark Aether.

Yeah I watched a video...dude took like 50 units off your health with one hit lol

User Info: lionheart3657

lionheart3657
4 weeks ago#56
I just read your progress in the other thread and wow, you're crushing it. At this rate, you'll finish Metroid Prime 2: Echoes soon. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the game. Some of the puzzles are devious but really well thought out, some of the best in the Prime series.

If you can finish Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, then you'll find Prime 3: Corruption to be a breeze so it'l be a nice reprieve after the difficult journey of Echoes.

As for the Boost Guardian, he was a big pain int he original game. I don't think it's as bad as how every gamer made it out to be back in the day, but definitely super tough. I was glad they reduced the damage it did in the Wii Trilogy. It was noticeably easier.

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#57
lionheart3657 posted...
I just read your progress in the other thread and wow, you're crushing it. At this rate, you'll finish Metroid Prime 2: Echoes soon. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the game. Some of the puzzles are devious but really well thought out, some of the best in the Prime series.

If you can finish Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, then you'll find Prime 3: Corruption to be a breeze so it'l be a nice reprieve after the difficult journey of Echoes.

As for the Boost Guardian, he was a big pain int he original game. I don't think it's as bad as how every gamer made it out to be back in the day, but definitely super tough. I was glad they reduced the damage it did in the Wii Trilogy. It was noticeably easier.

Yeah I had no trouble with him, but again, I realize that they made the fight much easier. I found Chykka to be more difficult tbh, though I was never in any danger in that battle either.

And yes, a couple of the puzzles stumped me for a while. In one room in the lower depths of the Torvus Bog, I couldn’t figure out how to access the portal to Dark Aether for the longest time but I finally found the switch tucked away in a corner underwater. And that other puzzle that I needed to use the Dark Visor on had me stumped too.
Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, New Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#58
So today I beat the Spider Guardian! This was another boss I had been dreading since I heard it was really difficult. I think I only lost one energy tank lol. I thought it was a really fun and creative boss battle.
Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, New Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

User Info: lionheart3657

lionheart3657
4 weeks ago#59
I actually remember the Wii version to be difficult too. Not as difficult as the original GameCube version but I think you must be pretty good to have surpassed each challenge so far. Even better you’re enjoyinging it.

The Spiderball Guardian was awesome. You just reminded me of a move that returns from Super Metroid. So cool but so underutilized in Echoes.

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#60
lionheart3657 posted...
I actually remember the Wii version to be difficult too. Not as difficult as the original GameCube version but I think you must be pretty good to have surpassed each challenge so far. Even better you’re enjoyinging it.

The Spiderball Guardian was awesome. You just reminded me of a move that returns from Super Metroid. So cool but so underutilized in Echoes.

Yeah I’m really enjoying the game. So far for me Prime 1 and 2 are neck and neck. We’ll see how I feel when I’m all done. My goal is to have Prime 2 done by next Friday, when Yoshi’s Crafted World is released. I’ll use that to take a little break from Metroid before jumping into Prime 3.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Final thoughts on Metroid Prime from a brand new player!