• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Final thoughts on Metroid Prime from a brand new player!

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
5 months ago#31
lionheart3657 posted...
Timinatron posted...
lionheart3657 posted...
I think even with the adjustment, Echoes is much more difficult than Prime 1 because of how it's designed. Echoes is much more puzzle based in both traversal and progression. If you played A Link to the Past from the Zelda series or even Oracle of Seasons vs Oracle of Ages on the Game Boy Color from the Zelda series, then I think you'll know what I mean. I don't want to spoil anything. It's definitely a different game than Prime 1 was.

I know exactly what you mean..I’ve played every Zelda. So Echoes has more difficult puzzles and boss battles as well? I’ve seen some people say that some of the boss battles in Echoes are brutal haha

Yep. You have got it. The criticism that people usually give Echoes aside from difficulty is that the other world is dreary and a bog to get through. I agree but some of the puzzles are so devious and interesting that I think it’s worth a play through. I think Corruption goes in the opposite direction and makes it too easy.

Corruption is probably a classic case of Nintendo overcorrecting after the complaints about Echoes. They do that with every Zelda as well. Wind Waker was too vibrant and kiddy? Let’s make Twilight Princess bland and dark. Skyward Sword was too linear and restrictive? Let’s throw out the structure with Breath of the Wild! Perhaps they allow complaints to effect development too much.
Number of accounts tldr'd to death: 5

User Info: lionheart3657

lionheart3657
5 months ago#32
Definitely. You’re on point with that assertion. But still, the whole trilogy is great and worth a playthrough. I think each game has its fans and you should play them on your own and make up your own opinion. The whole Metroid series is worth a play through. I think we are lucky to have a series that has as much quality games as Metroid. Again, even it’s worst game is still better than most games in the respective genre.

To be fair, I haven’t played Federation Force but from the trend, fans hated it and once I try it, it’s probably way more fun than it gets credit for.

Timinatron
5 months ago#33
lionheart3657 posted...
Definitely. You’re on point with that assertion. But still, the whole trilogy is great and worth a playthrough. I think each game has its fans and you should play them on your own and make up your own opinion. The whole Metroid series is worth a play through. I think we are lucky to have a series that has as much quality games as Metroid. Again, even it’s worst game is still better than most games in the respective genre.

To be fair, I haven’t played Federation Force but from the trend, fans hated it and once I try it, it’s probably way more fun than it gets credit for.

Yeah I’m looking forward to completing the trilogy and then being able to compare them. As of right now, the only Metroid I’ve completed is Prime so I can’t say anything about the rest of the series (though I did play a solid chunk of Samus Returns).

lionheart3657
5 months ago#34
Samus Returns was stellar and a nice return to form. I still prefer Zero Mission on the GBA but Samus Returns gives it a run for its money.

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
5 months ago#35
I also want to try Federation Force. I feel like a lot of so-called fans just want to whinge, but eventually come round and act like they always loved whatever they were so vocal about. Take Wind Waker and Prime 1 venturing into first person territory...people screamed about those things initially, and now everyone loves them. Federation Force won't generate that much future love due to it being a spin off, but I am pretty sure there is fun to be had there. I think it looks like my kind of game in many ways.
(edited 5 months ago)

Timinatron
5 months ago#36
darthcorpse posted...
I also want to try Federation Force. I feel like a lot of so-called fans just want to whinge, but eventually come round and act like they always loved whatever they were so vocal about. Take Wind Waker and Prime 1 venturing into first person territory...people screamed about those things initially, and now everyone loves them. Federation Force won't generate that much future love due to it being a spin off, but I am pretty sure there is fun to be had there. I think it looks like my kind of game in many ways.

I’m also interested in it..though I definitely want to finish the trilogy first and probably play Hunters before it as well.
Now Playing: Super Mario 3D World

lionheart3657
5 months ago#37
The online coop features definitely look really fun. But without voice chat, almost all games on the 3DS can be hard to coordinate. I tried LoZ: Triforce Heroes with a friend, but because it requires a third person, we couldn't communicate with the third person. This led to some funny antics, but sometimes there are just too many douchebags who quit right before you complete a level/boss/whatever. Hopefully that wont happen with Federation Force and the community is better there. If it's anything like Prime Hunters but with an online mode with coop features done well, then it's right up my alley, too.

Timinatron
5 months ago#38
lionheart3657 posted...
The online coop features definitely look really fun. But without voice chat, almost all games on the 3DS can be hard to coordinate. I tried LoZ: Triforce Heroes with a friend, but because it requires a third person, we couldn't communicate with the third person. This led to some funny antics, but sometimes there are just too many douchebags who quit right before you complete a level/boss/whatever. Hopefully that wont happen with Federation Force and the community is better there. If it's anything like Prime Hunters but with an online mode with coop features done well, then it's right up my alley, too.

Yeah I played Tri Force Heroes entirely online, and it was tough finding people that actually wanted to play...but on the rare occasion that everyone knew what they were supposed to do, the game was actually a lot of fun. Problem is the single player mode is a dumpster fire lol
Now Playing: Super Mario 3D World

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
5 months ago#39
Monster Hunter uses shout outs for communication, which works quite well without voice chat. To be fair, I only tried voice chat in MH3U on the Wii U, and that was ok, but I don't really enjoy it as much as shout outs, as they don't require me to be as social lol

lionheart3657
5 months ago#40
To be fair, it’s way easier playing MH games without voice chat since you’re just killing monsters. In Triforce Heroes, you’ve got to coordinate way more to solve puzzles and beat bosses. It’s a simple game but coordination in key. Without coordination, the game is humorous. But humorous becomes frustration when all people do is throw you off ledges on purpose or block you from proceeding by not stepping on the goal at the end of a stage.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Final thoughts on Metroid Prime from a brand new player!
  • Topic Closed