• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Final thoughts on Metroid Prime from a brand new player!

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#141
TC2Kevin posted...
I don’t find Zelda II that difficult, but I grew up playing through it multiple times too. Death Mountain is the worst part IMO. Trying to get the hammer before losing 3 lives can be a challenge. I really enjoy the game and it saddens me to see the hate it gets.

IMO it gets easier after Death Mountain, and then the Valley of Death and Great Palace are pretty brutal. Still, I actually do like the game more than several other games in the series. I would love a modern reimagining of it. I think it needs one far more than Link’s Awakening did.
Now Playing: Metroid: Samus Returns
Upcoming: Gears 5, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Doom Eternal

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#142
I think Zelda II was quite ambitious, with its high and low attack mechanic. You could have some pretty epic fights in that game.
Now playing: LotR: The Third Age, Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#143
I’m really digging Samus Returns so far. No clue why I couldn’t get into it back when it came out, but it’s quite addicting.
Upcoming: Gears 5, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Doom Eternal

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#144
That's the remake, right? I'm kinda curious about how it played on the GB as well, but the 3DS remake looks gorgeous.
Now playing: LotR: The Third Age, Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#145
darthcorpse posted...
That's the remake, right? I'm kinda curious about how it played on the GB as well, but the 3DS remake looks gorgeous.

Yeah it’s the remake of Metroid II from the GB. Or rather, a reimagining. I believe the story beats are the same but from what I’ve read SR is pretty different from M2 otherwise.

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#146
Timinatron posted...
darthcorpse posted...

Yeah it’s the remake of Metroid II from the GB. Or rather, a reimagining. I believe the story beats are the same but from what I’ve read SR is pretty different from M2 otherwise.

Nice, so it is worth playing both for someone like me that like a the old style.

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#147
darthcorpse posted...
Timinatron posted...
darthcorpse posted...

Nice, so it is worth playing both for someone like me that like a the old style.

Yeah, that’s why I’m considering playing it eventually. That and NEStroid. But...eventually lol. Definitely going to take a break from Metroid after SR.

User Info: yosheta

yosheta
4 weeks ago#148
Sorry if this is actually grey line territory, but you should definitely give AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake) a go once you're done with Samus Returns!

Not made by Nintendo, but the game sure as hell feels like a honest to goodness Metroid game.
Dohoho

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#149
yosheta posted...
Sorry if this is actually grey line territory, but you should definitely give AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake) a go once you're done with Samus Returns!

Not made by Nintendo, but the game sure as hell feels like a honest to goodness Metroid game.

I’ve heard it’s pretty great. Unfortunately I don’t currently own a PC (at least not one that’s in good working order) and I believe at this point you have to obtain the game by...other means. Lol. I’m not against said activities, however I don’t usually delve into that area

Timinatron
3 weeks ago#150
Finished Samus Returns yesterday and with that, the series! I may play NEStroid someday, along with Metroid II, but it isn’t a big priority at the moment after playing the remakes. And Prime Pinball can wait until I’m REALLY bored lol.

I’m really glad I finally gave this series a fair chance. I went from “Metroid isn’t for me, I’ll just try the Prime Trilogy” to “I guess I’ll check out the 2D games” to “Metroid is now one of my favorite series ever.” Should’ve played them a long time ago, but better late than never!

Now, where the heck is Prime 4?!?!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Final thoughts on Metroid Prime from a brand new player!
  • Topic Closed