• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Final thoughts on Metroid Prime from a brand new player!

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
1 month ago#131
Super is so good. There’s some good throwbacks to the original in there as well.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 month ago#132
TC2Kevin posted...
Super is so good. There’s some good throwbacks to the original in there as well.

I’m excited to play it. It really is criminal that I haven’t done so already.
In Rust we Trust

Timinatron
1 month ago#133
Well, I finished Super Metroid. It’s a great game and definitely one of my favorites in the series.

When I started this thing back in February, I really didn’t think I’d end up playing basically the entire series lol. I planned on playing the Prime Trilogy only, but I got hooked on the gameplay and the lore and now it’s honestly one of my favorite series ever!

Now this thing will be coming full circle as I’ll be finishing up by playing the first Metroid game I ever played (but didn’t finish), Samus Returns.
In Rust we Trust

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#134
Sounds like you've had a great time playing the series! You've likely inspired me to start playing them properly soon. I'm still putting off finishing Metroid, because of all the farming i need to do before going on to Motherbrain. A little tedious, though the rest of the game is a lot of fun.

I'll have to have a look at which ones are available on 3DS as well as Wii U virtual consoles.
Now playing: LotR: The Third Age, Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#135
darthcorpse posted...
Sounds like you've had a great time playing the series! You've likely inspired me to start playing them properly soon. I'm still putting off finishing Metroid, because of all the farming i need to do before going on to Motherbrain. A little tedious, though the rest of the game is a lot of fun.

I'll have to have a look at which ones are available on 3DS as well as Wii U virtual consoles.

How is NEStroid overall? I might want to play it someday just for fun. And are you basically finding that you have to farm Energy Tanks?

As far as what games are available on which console, I think this is the complete list:

3DS: Metroid, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Super Metroid (New 3DS and New 2DS only), Metroid Samus Returns, Metroid Prime Federation Force. And of course, since DS cartridges are playable on 3DS, Metroid Prime Hunters and Metroid Prime Pinball

Wii U: Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Other M.
In Rust we Trust

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#136
Timinatron posted...
darthcorpse posted...

How is NEStroid overall? I might want to play it someday just for fun. And are you basically finding that you have to farm Energy Tanks?

As far as what games are available on which console, I think this is the complete list:

3DS: Metroid, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Super Metroid (New 3DS and New 2DS only), Metroid Samus Returns, Metroid Prime Federation Force. And of course, since DS cartridges are playable on 3DS, Metroid Prime Hunters and Metroid Prime Pinball

Wii U: Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Other M.

Nah, I'm farming energy and missiles themselves. It requires camping out by these "pipe" sort of things where flying enemies rise out and then charge at you. They reasonably often drop small amounts of energy or a missile or two. Of course, when you first start the game, this doesn't take long to fill you up, but if you've managed to die, and are thus reduced to 30 energy, it takes a while to fill up those energy tanks.

Apart from this, which could have been remedied by making it such that it would be a percentage of your total health you respawn with, rather than just using 30, as well as some really awful traps, which I don't mind, because trolling the player CAN be funny, it is a really fun game! It plays well, has a fair amount of challenge, and is rewarding to explore.

That's a good number available for portable play...I may go for that route instead! Thanks for listing them out :)
Now playing: LotR: The Third Age, Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#137
Oh yeah, I know what you mean by farming now. I had to do that a bit in Super as well, though that game is far more generous with health and missile drops. I’ve read Metroid is quite a difficult game, but can it possibly be as tough as Zelda II? More than likely I’ll give it a shot someday, but I think after I finish Samus Returns I’m gonna take a long break from Metroid to play some different things.
In Rust we Trust
(edited 4 weeks ago)

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#138
Timinatron posted...
Oh yeah, I know what you mean by farming now. I had to do that a bit in Super as well, though that game is far more generous with health and missile drops. I’ve read Metroid is quite a difficult game, but can it possibly be as tough as Zelda II? More than likely I’ll give it a shot someday, but I think after I finish Samus Returns I’m gonna take a long break from Metroid to play some different things.

That's a good question! It's probably not as bad as Zelda II. I guess it depends on if you find the right stuff when exploring, and not taking on bosses if you're not ready.

I do intend to play Zelda II one day as well...

Timinatron
4 weeks ago#139
Zelda II is cool, but crazy difficult at parts. I would love to see a modernized remake of it!
In Rust we Trust

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
4 weeks ago#140
I don’t find Zelda II that difficult, but I grew up playing through it multiple times too. Death Mountain is the worst part IMO. Trying to get the hammer before losing 3 lives can be a challenge. I really enjoy the game and it saddens me to see the hate it gets.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Final thoughts on Metroid Prime from a brand new player!
  • Topic Closed