You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How do you feel about the end of the 3DS as a Wii U gamer?

User Info: sage2001

sage2001
2 months ago#11
One of my personal favorite handhelds. It had a rough launch, but I feel it really picked up afterward, unlike the Wii U unfortunately.

While I didn't really care much for the 3D, I did play a bunch of Super Smash Bros on the go. I remember playing against my friends during lunch.

It also had my favorite version of MGS3. Sure it ran slow (and the New 3DS doesn't help it), but I liked the controls and ability to crouchwalk.
Friend Code and Username (3DS): 0688-5740-5376, Sage2001
Friend Code and Username (Wii): 0532-5580-7853, sage2001

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
2 months ago#12
I'm a bit spoiled by the Wii U's gamepad screen and overall ergonomic that going back to the 3DS and playing it feels ultra cramped by comparison. I don't see myself missing the 3DS; the system is just too clunky all-around.
Anyone can believe in the truth. To believe in nonsense is a demonstration of loyalty... it serves as a uniform.
And if you have a uniform, you have an army.

User Info: Alan00X

Alan00X
2 months ago#13
Kind of sad. I really liked the 3D effect which not only made games pop out in delicious ways, aided in my ability to judge depth like for platforming. The example I use is my throwing Bombs in OoT 3D with the 3D on is more on aim depth wise than without the 3D effect. Most people don't care about this, but I do. I do however realize there has been a very good life of the 3DS, and sometimes things move on. I just kind of hope the Switch or a predecessor model has the 3D effect. I think that would be pretty cool.

User Info: Every1hasAids

Every1hasAids
2 months ago#14
I’m indifferent.

I’m indifferent with the Switch.

I just want another handlheld. I want to see what Nintendo will think of next.
Favorite fighting game: Tekken
Least favorite fighting game: Smash Bros.

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
2 months ago#15
Alan00X posted...
aided in my ability to judge depth like for platforming.

This is a big reason that I don't like that it is being given up on (aside from VR). I'm not exactly sure how much it helped me in various games, but I feel like this definitely should have been explored further in future games.
"Lower your guard and you will allow the enemy in." - Frog from Chrono Trigger (the original alt frog).
https://imgur.com/hSc6hOs
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How do you feel about the end of the 3DS as a Wii U gamer?