You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U eShop Shutdown

User Info: GMP

GMP
1 month ago#41
ump
Please check out my RPG Maker Fes game, Sword of Saviors!

User Info: GMP

GMP
1 month ago#42
bumpmub
Please check out my RPG Maker Fes game, Sword of Saviors!

User Info: hair_returns

hair_returns
4 weeks ago#43
From what I’ve gleaned scanning through, Wii Shop is down, but Wii U shop/games are still available to buy/download. Is this the case?

I hooked up my Wii for the first time in years just to see what it’s like on the shop and it’s completely empty, even though I can still access the channel. But I can’t see or buy any titles, the shop is just empty.

I JUST bought a Wii U since I finally have a little time to catch up on gaming. There’s a a few classics I wanted to play that are hard to find elsewhere (DK64, Prime Trilogy) and I’m hoping I can still download those on Wii U. Anyone know if this is indeed still possible?

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#44
I kinda wish this thread would go away because every time I see a new post I'm afraid they've announced that they'll close it down. But no, it hasn't closed down, and it probably won't for a while.
Now playing: LotR: The Third Age, Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Final Fantasy V (GBA)

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 weeks ago#45
hair_returns posted...
From what I’ve gleaned scanning through, Wii Shop is down, but Wii U shop/games are still available to buy/download. Is this the case?

I hooked up my Wii for the first time in years just to see what it’s like on the shop and it’s completely empty, even though I can still access the channel. But I can’t see or buy any titles, the shop is just empty.

I JUST bought a Wii U since I finally have a little time to catch up on gaming. There’s a a few classics I wanted to play that are hard to find elsewhere (DK64, Prime Trilogy) and I’m hoping I can still download those on Wii U. Anyone know if this is indeed still possible?

The Wii shop channel servers are up for those who own games to redownload them. No date to shut that down has been announced and this state is exactly what Nintendo themselves said it would be before they shut it down.

The WiiU eShop is still fully functional. Considering the eShop is the eShop there is no reason it should shut down, but rather will just become out of date. Similar to the PSP with PSN, the URLs will become out of date and the system won't be updated to reflect it, but download history will still work. I say this because the eShop is just one website. The 3DS, WiiU, and Switch restrict what you can see on them, but the website you can go to on PC or phone just has it all together as one store and you can set filters. On PSP you can buy on the website and then access your download list on the PSP to get the game. Eventually this is what the WiiU eShop will be. But for now it's fully functional, it's just the Wii Shop Channel that you can't buy games on anymore.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U eShop Shutdown