You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Which game did you buy a Wii U for?

User Info: DarkHalf91

DarkHalf91
1 month ago#101
Bayonetta 2 though I had other games I was also interested in. Played Bayonetta on PS3 and enjoyed it but since it is the worst version and Bayonetta 2 was Wii U exclusive at the time I had to get the first print run with both games.
Kutabare
I just got mine so I could play most Zelda games.
PSN: Spaghetti_Socks XBL: SpaghettiSocks2
My daughters grew in an interest in Splatoon, so that was the game that pushed me off the fence to buy a WiiU. However, I was personally interested in Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade X, Fatal Frame 5, the 2 Zelda Remasters, BotW, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Even without my daughters' influence, I think I would have eventually bought a WiiU at the end of its lifespan.

TBH, I ended up enjoying the system much more than I thought I would. Splatoon and Pikmin 3 ended up being big hits in my household, and BC got me a little more interested in what was out there for the Wii.
Ever since I started working, every day has been worse than the last, so every time you see me it's the worst day of my life. - Office Space

User Info: Kuksenkov

Kuksenkov
3 weeks ago#104
Bought in 2013, when Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was released. I was playing Tri back on Wii even in 2012, all the way until the servers went down. 450 hours later, I can say the Monster Hunter was worth buying the Wii U for.
Friend Code: 2509 - 6525 - 4105 IGN: Nikolay NNID: Roentgen GT: EdgeMaverick09 PSN: Kuksenkov

User Info: aaaaztek84

aaaaztek84
2 weeks ago#105
All-zelda. Wiiu is the best way to get enjoy the series

User Info: Tkmajing

Tkmajing
2 weeks ago#106
Hyrule Warriors
You can't have a nightmare if you never dream.

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
2 weeks ago#107
Kuksenkov posted...
Bought in 2013, when Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was released. I was playing Tri back on Wii even in 2012, all the way until the servers went down. 450 hours later, I can say the Monster Hunter was worth buying the Wii U for.

I can identify with that...i can't remember exactly how many hours I put in, but it was well over 300. Definitely worth it.
Now playing: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), Scurge: Hive (DS), Prince of Persia Warrior Within (GameCube), Shadowgate (GBC), Final Fantasy IV (GBA)
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Which game did you buy a Wii U for?