You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Which game did you buy a Wii U for?

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
5 months ago#11
Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Now playing Paper Mario Color Splash, Paper Mario, Zelda BotW, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Warioware Gold-All games on Wii U except Warioware Gold on 3DS

User Info: Venom3D

Venom3D
5 months ago#12
Balloon Fight? I planned on waiting for a price drop or sale. Costco had the Deluxe on sale for $300 a couple months after launch. It turned out to be a pricing error, because it jumped to $340 a few hours later. I got it at the lower price and it arrived in time for me to get all the 30¢ Virtual Console games.

User Info: rockyoumonkeys

rockyoumonkeys
5 months ago#13
Xenoblade Chronicles X, though the backwards compatibility was a huge factor as well.

User Info: ColorBattle

ColorBattle
5 months ago#14
It was the first game console I actually bought with my own money, after saving up from my first job.

I'm probably the only person who didn't buy the system to play Mario Kart. The biggest reason I wanted one and continue to keep the system around is because of the Gamepad. I was curious how something like that could even work and play well to begin with, after coming off of the simplicity of the Wii and its remote.

In other words, I took a gamble. At the time, I still had a good Wii backlog and was JUST starting to import Japan only Wii titles to begin playing them.

Back to Wii U, I saw several launch titles I was slightly interested in and after learning about how many great titles were coming in 2014 and later on, at the end of 2013, I bought mine. I didn't purchase actual games until much later into 2014, so thank god the console came with two in the box. The first five games I had were Mass Effect 3, Smash Wii U, Super Mario 3D World, Nintendo Land and Sonic Lost World. I...disliked Lost World greatly and ended up getting rid of it for a new copy of Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge which I had gotten far more enjoyment out of. Bayonetta 2 followed that. It took me pulling myself away from Smash and Bayonetta to (quickly) learn both how useful the system was for multiplayer across a bunch of games and that this system had a rather diverse library worth exploring. I became impressed with many games and infuriated by several others--which I'll refrain from mentioning--but I enjoyed every minute with the console.

While I've since run out of fresh single player games on it, the Wii U remains my go-to multiplayer machine. No one game made me get the console. I saw the Gamepad, took a gamble, and became impressed by the games on it.
I don't buy consoles for just one game.
I bought the Wii U thinking that good third party support had returned alongside the Nintendo 1st party games.

I was wrong.
I regret ever buying the thing.
Praise Rainbow Mika
NNID: JasonMaivia ; Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii): 0346-6035-0276

User Info: eloratings

eloratings
5 months ago#16
Pretty much on this new Nintendo game at that time:
“Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker”
[twitter.com/eloratings]
[My games (physical+digital) collection]: www.gamefaqs.com/users/eloratings/games/owned

User Info: rockyoumonkeys

rockyoumonkeys
5 months ago#17
Jason Hart Maivia posted...

Few people do, and that's not really the spirit of what this topic is about. It's more asking "what game pushed you to finally buy the Wii U".

But hey, you wanted to whine about the console, and who knows why you're even at this board.

User Info: kaminarikid

kaminarikid
5 months ago#18
Bought a Wii for Smash Bros.
Bought a Wii U for Smash Bros.
And yes, I recently acquired a Switch for Super Smash Bros, which incidentally releases next week.

Jason Hart Maivia posted...
I bought the Wii U thinking that good third party support had returned alongside the Nintendo 1st party games.

I get what you're saying here. But Super Smash Bros. was never just "a game" to me. It was always the game.

I bought my Wii U in January 2015. At that point, it was painfully obvious the Wii U wasn't getting any real third party support other than a few pity ports like Tekken Tag 2. But none of that mattered to me because Smash was the only game I really needed.

To this day, I only have about eight actual Wii U games and I'd still say my overall experience with the console has been highly satisfying.
"There are two things in this world that will never lie to you: cats and facts."
-Tyson Kidd

User Info: darkone778

darkone778
5 months ago#19
Bayonetta 2
Good or evil which side will you chose? Or will you make your own?

User Info: zerover01

zerover01
5 months ago#20
XCX
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Which game did you buy a Wii U for?