• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Zombie U RANT

User Info: shadowsoul3

shadowsoul3
1 month ago#1
I'm playing this game now for a couple of hours all through the subway system I think is where you is start. All that you do is find key cards to access different rooms/barricaded outdoor areas.

It feels like the only thing that's happening is I'm searching areas and solving clues and getting key cards to open doors so that way I could kill a few more zombies to go to the next area where I will solve a few more riddles and find a way to get past more locked doors to kill more zombies... this is just boring as hell.

Each area will have a few zombies, you kill them and then you move on. The reason why I like horror survival is that you don't really have much of a storyline: The Whole World's messed up so kill as many zombies as you can to get to a certain point where you can figure out how to do that again.

But with ZombiU it's just like a huge string of different rooms that are interconnected that you find a way into so you can kill few zombies there. That seems to be the whole point of the game there's no real Adventure there is no real exploration everything is closed off until you can get to the next little area.

Dead Island my opinion was better because you had an entire Island to search through at least you could go around and kill other zombies if you don't feel like doing the main quest. But what sucked about that game was barely any guns at all.

Zombie U relies too much on searching for access.

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
1 month ago#2
keep at it.. you are still early on. the locations become much more interesting and memorable once outside the subway.. being from the U.S, the game's London setting was one of my favorite things about it. also, the objectives given to you by the 'prepper' will soon become more varied.. and going back to off your zombified corpse after biting the big one while carrying a backpack filled with goodies is always fun.

but since it is a traditional style survival-horror game, the game play is essentially how you described: searching areas/solving clues in order to open doors so you can kill more zombies while searching areas/solving clues in order to open more doors.. but that's how it has been since RE1.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Citan22/games/owned

User Info: Master_Magnus

Master_Magnus
1 month ago#3
Be careful and try not to lose weapons. For some reason they NEVER respawn after losing your backpack, even when they clearly intended these weapons to be respawned. Ruined the game for me.

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#4
I just bought this game for $2

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
1 month ago#5
EvilResident posted...
I just bought this game for $2

lol.. nice. we have a MicroCenter a few towns away that i go to with my younger brother, who happened to get himself a Wii U a couple years back. around the same time i spotted a copy of ZombiU there on clearance for like $16. told him it was a good deal and he should buy it. he didn't. a couple months later it was still there.. now $10. told him to buy it, he didn't. couple more months, $7. told him.. no.. finally i gave up. and then around this time last year he comes home sayin he picked up that copy from MicroCenter.. for $3. i guess we have very few Wii U owners in those parts, or at least those without ZombiU.

i got mine in a real round-about way. i got a Wii U at launch. a week or so later at a black friday sale Old Navy was giving away copies of NSMBU if you spent a certain amount. i took that copy to Walmart and made an even exchange for ZombiU. it was stupid of me because a week after that i ended up selling the Nintendoland that came with my console on ebay for $45 and buying... NSMBU! years later i rebought Nintendoland at gamestop for $2.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Citan22/games/owned

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
1 month ago#6
zombiu is not your generic zombie game, where you can mow down billions of zombies by farting on them.
this is first and foremost a survival game. fighting zombies is not easy. you gotta think before you act.
you have to choose when to shoot, and when to bash.

this is even more strict on survivor mode. if you f*** up, the fault is entirely on you.

this is a true survival game.
VG collector, professional 3d erotica creator, phd in zombie folklore, a girl.
i DEMAND nazi white men dlc for battlefield 5

User Info: LordBowser

LordBowser
1 month ago#7
All I can say is that this game's mechanics pissed me off badly enough that I ended up selling it shortly after I bought it... fortunately, I got almost all of my money back doing so, though, since I got the game on sale shortly after launch to begin with.
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!

User Info: Coarse

Coarse
1 month ago#8
Really enjoyed this game as a launch title. I challenged myself to get through the whole thing without dying from the start, so i didn't beat the game until i was able to do it in one go.

A little frustrating, but it was fun learning every little trick to getting through one section after another.
I wrote a book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L1FJRP9

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#9
Coarse posted...
Really enjoyed this game as a launch title. I challenged myself to get through the whole thing without dying from the start, so i didn't beat the game until i was able to do it in one go.

A little frustrating, but it was fun learning every little trick to getting through one section after another.

That sounds like a hard but fun challenge! I must play it again sometime soon. It is on my loooong backlog lol

User Info: SSMajinVegeta2

SSMajinVegeta2
1 month ago#10
I have it for Wii U and Xbox one. Don’t like the Wii U controllers for shooters so I need to play it on Xbox but haven’t yet
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
Satoru Iwata, 1959 - 2015 RIP GP God bless
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Zombie U RANT
  • Topic Archived