You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Just Wii and U

User Info: ColorBattle

ColorBattle
5 months ago#351
Arcade2 posted...
There are a few...Kamen Rider...Fist of the North Star...Fatal Frame (physical)...Dragon Quest X (MMORPG)...and more. The question is, how many are worth it? You want the Yakuza game? Mario v Donkey Kong?

One would think Japan would have got a lot more than we did in NA...and they do have exclusives. Looking at the game line up, they got a small library as well.

I don't have the exclusives list but you can easily find it online.

There are several more titles worth it if you went as far as importing a Japanese Wii U. The only real issue would be that if you lack the ability to read Japanese. For me, I got ahold of Puyo Puyo Tetris, the Yokai Just Dance because it was cheap at the time and was bundled with a Wii Remote Plus, and recently, One Piece Unlimited World Red. Thing about that last one is that on top of being one of the only anime-based titles on the system released worldwide, North America got screwed and it was made digital only on Wii U. Namco Bandai ended up removing the game from all digital storefronts last year, so Wii U owners in North America have no ability to ever buy or play the game now. Obtaining any physical version of the game on Wii U is worth it, no matter what language.

On top of those games, the Japanese eshop is accessible no matter where you actually reside. That's potentially a plus.

User Info: lionheart3657

lionheart3657
5 months ago#352
That's impressive. I didn't know these title existed just for Japan. As for North American audiences, I really wish there was a physical copy of Fatal Frame 5/Project Zero. I had it on my old Wii U before I gave it away as a gift. Now, I can't download the game on my new Wii U since I don't want to use an external hard drive and I have other pre-installed games on the Wii U already from the Wii U bundle.

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
5 months ago#353
Sadly the system just won't read discs. I got in touch with the seller and he is accepting a return. It really stinks but I'm happy the seller was honest to me and is working with me in the return process.

ColorBattle
5 months ago#354
Arcade2 posted...
Sadly the system just won't read discs. I got in touch with the seller and he is accepting a return. It really stinks but I'm happy the seller was honest to me and is working with me in the return process.

I'm sorry about that.

When I bought mine, I spared no expense. I knew full well it was going to cost a large sum of money, but I love the system and I wanted to experience the games I missed out on legitimately. And I know Japanese...

The whole reason I did this was because I wanted to completely avoid buying a Wii U that was dead on arrival. I bought mine brand new. If you don't want one or worse, the Gamepad itself, to fail on you, or keep going back and forth with internet sellers over used systems, there's no other option. The Wii U is probably the most cumbersome system to import buy. I only did it because I could. I love the Wii U, but I don't recommend everyone blow such a large amount of money on this system.

User Info: FFTHEWINNER

FFTHEWINNER
5 months ago#355
that sucks, but good that the seller was good with you.
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png

User Info: lionheart3657

lionheart3657
5 months ago#356
Definitely sounds tricky to buy for. I was just happy the North American Wii U I got again didn't cost an arm and a leg, just $150 with shipping. I'm definitely enjoying the Wii U now more than I did during its hey days.

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
5 months ago#357
I def plan to buy another, just not anytime soon...unless I find a good deal. I will ask questions next time, but if it takes a while so be it. Again, I am upset, but I suppose this could have been worse for me.

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
5 months ago#358
I bought Splatoon and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 for $10 each this month for Wii U.
I didnt have either one. Those were bought at a Pawn Shop for $10 each.
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake
(edited 5 months ago)

ColorBattle
5 months ago#359
ArcFan10000 posted...
I bought Splatoon and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 for $10 each this month for Wii U.
I didnt have either one. Those were bought at a Pawn Shop for $10 each.

That's pretty good and cheap.

I don't see Wii U games increasing in price for a very long time. If there happened to be any title on the system you don't currently own, this is probably an excellent time to buy it.

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
5 months ago#360
Just bought Yoshi's Wooley World and Tokyo Mirage sessions Fire Emblem for $10 each.
I think Tokyo Mirage Sessions is an expensive game isn't it?
Both included the case, insert and warrenty booklet, but no manual unfortunately.
For $10 each I wasn't gonna pass on that deal. This Pawn shop is clearing out its inventory so everything is ubber cheap.
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake
(edited 5 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Just Wii and U