• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Limited Run Games to release their first and only Wii U game this month

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
5 months ago#1
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/limited_run_games_set_to_release_first_and_only_wii_u_game_lost_a_lot_of_money_making_it_happen

Any guesses as to what it could be? Fatal Frame V perhaps? Affordable Space Adventures?
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
5 months ago#2
No idea, but people have already said it's a no go on FF5. However, I would like to say Axiom Verge. I read something about the guy saying it will finally see the light of day (whatever the game is). Considering AV was supposedly having a US release on Wii U, then I guess it got canned, perhaps this will be it. I already have AV on Switch but I would LOVE to have it on Wii U honestly.

I highly doubt anything Bloodstained as that was also getting a Wii U release but they changed it to Switch. Whatever it is, I will def be jumping on it and trying to secure a copy. If there is a CE most def will go for that one.

I already have a spot reserved for when Just Dance 2019 releases and depending on what this one is, I will make room for it as well, even though I will have to wait a few months for it to arrive.

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
5 months ago#3
Are you really buying JD2019❓ Lol
--
-

User Info: Atariboy1982

Atariboy1982
5 months ago#4
Now that I broke down and bought Axiom Verge digitally a month or so ago on sale for $9.99, I really hope it's Fatal Frame. I saw that comment at NintendoLife about it having been confirmed as not Fatal Frame, but couldn't find any evidence of it on Twitter.

I want that one a lot and was just about to buy it after finally giving up hope for a retail release or at least a good sale, when Pinball Arcade announced the disappearance of the Bally/Williams content. So I ended up buying seasons 1/2 on the Wii U instead of Fatal Frame. Wasn't planned at the time, but after years of dragging my feet with Pinball Arcade and finally buying all 7 seasons for a PS4 I don't yet own, I wanted some digital pinball on my Wii U to tide me over and double dipped on the 1st two seasons.

If it isn't Fatal Frame, I hope someone at Nintendo of America finally decides to place this on sale this October in the eShop. Europe has gotten a good discount at least once during the month of Halloween, but no such luck on the other side of the pond.

User Info: 1UpJohn

1UpJohn
5 months ago#5
I'm pretty sure it's Axiom Verge. It was announced a long time ago, then we heard nothing.

User Info: slymshady

slymshady
5 months ago#6
I don’t think it is. They said to tempt ourselves as if to calm us down and axiom verge would be a huge reason to get excited

I think it will be an unreleased game. I heard on a podcast with the LRG guys months ago about they may have a surprise for U owners that they got access to a game that was done but never released. Wouldn’t be shocked if it was binding of Isaac. Wasn’t that done but never released?

User Info: FeiBenares

FeiBenares
5 months ago#7
FAST Racing NEO?
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy - http://tinyurl.com/ar7gbuu, Fanboy Wars- http://tinyurl.com/au4nbkh

User Info: sidewinderl

sidewinderl
5 months ago#8
Atariboy1982 posted...
I really hope it's Fatal Frame. I saw that comment at NintendoLife about it having been confirmed as not Fatal Frame, but couldn't find any evidence of it on Twitter.

Josh confirmed it's not Fatal Frame.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1047478924891103233

User Info: Atariboy1982

Atariboy1982
5 months ago#9
sidewinderl posted...
Atariboy1982 posted...
I really hope it's Fatal Frame. I saw that comment at NintendoLife about it having been confirmed as not Fatal Frame, but couldn't find any evidence of it on Twitter.

Josh confirmed it's not Fatal Frame.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1047478924891103233

Thanks for squashing the dream. ;)

User Info: cris1ussen

cris1ussen
5 months ago#10
slymshady posted...
I don’t think it is. They said to tempt ourselves as if to calm us down and axiom verge would be a huge reason to get excited

I think it will be an unreleased game. I heard on a podcast with the LRG guys months ago about they may have a surprise for U owners that they got access to a game that was done but never released. Wouldn’t be shocked if it was binding of Isaac. Wasn’t that done but never released?

If is a unreleased game which I don't know if the "cancelled" ones counts, but I would really laugh so hard if is Project Cars (the first one!) or Yooka-Laylee

But in any case it would be interesting to know what game could be?
AC:NL Dream code (updated version): 4F00-000F-4F10
Everyone are welcome!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Limited Run Games to release their first and only Wii U game this month
  • Topic Archived