• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What to do before selling my Wii U

User Info: waruluis91

waruluis91
7 months ago#1
I want to sell my Wii U, and heard that you can't keep the digital games if you remove the NNID from the console.

What I wonder is, can I set up the console to ask for the password to use the account so the person cant access it yet use another user to play the downloaded games? Just trying to be nice and keeping the digital games for the buyer.
3DS FC: 2020-0716-6036

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
6 months ago#2
Just curious but why do you want to sell?
--
-

User Info: Atariboy1982

Atariboy1982
6 months ago#3
Just unplug your Wii U and then change your password on your PC at Nintendo's site.

I've forgotten my password more than once and had to reset it there. My Wii U and my 3DS have at various times gone several months without logging in with my NNID until I had a reason to bother logging the system back in after doing a password reset. Yet I've never been locked out of any of my games on either system.

User Info: waruluis91

waruluis91
6 months ago#4
este914 posted...
Just curious but why do you want to sell?

I don't play it anymore and I have a Wii already. The only game I really want to keep is Mario Kart 8, but I'm getting a Switch someday so MK8 is there. Maybe WindWaker HD too.
3DS FC: 2020-0716-6036

User Info: SockNight

SockNight
6 months ago#5
waruluis91 posted...
I want to sell my Wii U, and heard that you can't keep the digital games if you remove the NNID from the console.

What I wonder is, can I set up the console to ask for the password to use the account so the person cant access it yet use another user to play the downloaded games? Just trying to be nice and keeping the digital games for the buyer.

I'm selling my switch now and resetted my console but the games are still there and work. Granted it came with the console so...

User Info: Vinsauce7764

Vinsauce7764
6 months ago#6
Just don't sell it with parental codes on....I bought a used wii u with parental settings on and i couldn't add or erase users or even go online. Thankfully I was able to guess the code and remove the settings.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What to do before selling my Wii U
  • Topic Archived