I hate myself for buying this console.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I hate myself for buying this console.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
5 months ago#31
I'm never selling my wii u until nintendo makes another console that plays wii u games.
Mods calling posts "misleading" is the new "trolling" (and still lies).
If they ban me, you can find me at u/Gargomon251

User Info: Sparkey528

Sparkey528
5 months ago#32
Hyrule warriors isn't really a bad port since it adds a ton of a new content, and ports like Bayonetta 1+2 was good because the players who didn't own a Wii u can play it, but Wii u players aren't missing out. I actually did buy Bayonetta 1&2 even though I own the collection on Wii u.

Captain toad however is an absolute insult to any Wii u owner. A 5$ map that Wii u owners can't even buy dlc for and would have to buy a new game entirely (meaning they can't even play on their system of choice).
~Waifu Emblem Since 1990~
3DS FC 0602-7415-6997 PSN Sparkey5280 NNID Sparkey528 Switch FC SW-7144-8732-5128

User Info: Trailblazer34

Trailblazer34
5 months ago#33
Sparkey528 posted...
Hyrule warriors isn't really a bad port since it adds a ton of a new content, and ports like Bayonetta 1+2 was good because the players who didn't own a Wii u can play it, but Wii u players aren't missing out. I actually did buy Bayonetta 1&2 even though I own the collection on Wii u.

Captain toad however is an absolute insult to any Wii u owner. A 5$ map that Wii u owners can't even buy dlc for and would have to buy a new game entirely (meaning they can't even play on their system of choice).

The problem is kind of that the ports are making Wii U redundant, not if that they are good or add new content. It makes the Wii U feel like a waste, and time will not look back fondly on it.

User Info: sull56ivan2010

sull56ivan2010
4 months ago#34
@lukeskywalker66

Kindly tell us how many titles on PS3 got re-released on PS4. Go ahead. Tell us that "large chunk of the library" that got re-released.

User Info: este914

este914
4 months ago#35
sull56ivan2010 posted...
@lukeskywalker66

Kindly tell us how many titles on PS3 got re-released on PS4. Go ahead. Tell us that "large chunk of the library" that got re-released.

I actually wonder myself. I bet it’s googleable
--
-

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
4 months ago#36
Since you asked so kindly:

Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Heavy Rain
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Baja: Edge of Control
BioShock 2
BioShock Infinite
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Borderlands 2
Bulletstorm
Castlestorm
Darksiders
Darksiders II
DMC4
Dishonored
DmC
God of War III
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Metro: Last Light
Beyond: Two Souls
Sleeping Dogs
Skyrim
Tomb Raider (2013 reboot)
Valkyria Chronicles
WipEout HD

That's 28 PS3 games re-released for the PS4. I could go on; I could add simultaneously released on both platforms - like Berseria and Persona 5. Or games that were ported to PS3 after their initial release and ported again to PS4. Or indie games.

Here's a list of Wii U games re-released for Switch:
BotW
MK8
Bayo 2
DKCTF
Rayman Legends
Fast Racing NEO
Pokken Tournament
Hyrule Warriors
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

So when you look at the facts, it's undeniable that the PS4 has more ports of PS3 games than the Switch has of Wii U games. Which is logical because the PS4 has been getting last gen ports since its inception in 2013. Whereas claims like "Sony cares about the PS3's legacy", or "It's OK for Sony to port PS3 games to the PS4 because the PS3 will be remembered as a great system" are idiotic fanboy opinions.

But I'm sure you can figure that out without a list.
Anyone can believe in the truth. To believe in nonsense is a demonstration of loyalty... it serves as a uniform.
And if you have a uniform, you have an army.

User Info: sull56ivan2010

sull56ivan2010
4 months ago#37
@lukeskywalker66

So then, it's not a "huge chunk" of the library. Just stop before you embarrass yourself even further.

este914
4 months ago#38
Don’t forget grand theft auto 5 too
And bio shock 1 counts too
--
-

este914
4 months ago#39
este914 posted...
Don’t forget grand theft auto 5 too
And bio shock 1 counts too

And the biggest title of them all: The Last of Us!
--
-

User Info: Torgo

Torgo
4 months ago#40
yosheta posted...
ElNachoCheese posted...
This system is a beast. After having the system since 2014, just unlocked the full potential of the console. Been playing Super Monkey Ball and Melee and it runs and plays great with a pro controller.

This...

...Wii U may have been a commercial failure, but it's one of the best Nintendo playing machine on the market if you know what you're doing.

This.

Ghost135 posted...
I bought my Wii U six months after the launch. No Regrets.

Same.
Gamefaqs: The original home of 'Alternative Facts'...
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I hate myself for buying this console.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived